Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tue, July 27th @ 20:15 in Wes#2- Boardeaux -v- FB Monks

Options
  • 26-07-2010 8:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

GK

Clay - In

Defenders

Andy - In
    Cathal - In
    Dan - in
    Ed - out
    Keith - Hols
    Glenn - inj
    Graham - inj
    Martin - inj

Midfield

Cillian - In
    Collie - in
    Conor - in
    Eoin - 50/50
    Gav - in
    Kenny - In

Forwards

Anto - in
    Ciaran - in
    Dave - in
    Jules - In

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

in

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm on holidays boys best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Best of luck lads.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

How'd it go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

er....hang on I'll consult my crystal ball

mystic.jpg

:D:D

Sorry I'm an idiot!!!! It's cos I'm on holidays!

im probably out for this, barely able to walk today after taking a knock on the knee playing a match last night, its the same knee that had me out for 6 months last year so i need to be very careful and not do the same damage i did last time.

will see later, but not looking good.

Clay is in

• Advertisement

How'd it go?

Won 3-0

Dave, Conor and Jules with the goals, although I feel dirty giving that goal to Conor.

Good work from Andy, as he outjumped a defender to send the ball toward an empty goal, only for Conor to nip in and kick the ball in from the line.

Any idea how the other results went? Nice result the monks have put in some good performances this season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Des wrote: »
    Won 3-0

Dave, Conor and Jules with the goals, although I feel dirty giving that goal to Conor.

Good work from Andy, as he outjumped a defender to send the ball toward an empty goal, only for Conor to nip in and kick the ball in from the line.

What! :eek: contender for goal of the season if anything!!

Nah it was great stuff from andy alright, I'd be happy to give it to him, it was just my natural goalscoring instinct ;) or maybe the fact I missed a sitter just before that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Na its your goal. Im not gonna mess with you Conor, if films have taught me anything, its thats nobody f$%ks with the jebuz....except 8 year olds dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Well done lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Yeh quality performance lads, well played across the park. Yeh well done to Andy cos that was going in but I guess if Conor hesitated and even gave the slightest chance of a defender getting to it he'd have been getting roars so best to keep it plain and simple and always finish it when you can.

As Des said, they're no world beaters but we played the right game against them and I thought we had some beautiful moves in the second half with centre-halves pushing the fullbacks on and they gave a great attacking platform and the midfield and strikers were able to link really well several times. Was absolutely praying for Dave's shot to go in at the end (and it very nearly did) cos for me that would've been one of the sweetest moves of the season.

Congrats to Clay on the birth of his second baby and he did well to make some smart saves to mark the occassion with a clean sheet!

good result and congrats to clay on his new addition to the family!

we cant win the league now due to the way the fixtures are panning out, so all we can do is aim to win the last 2 games and try get a medal finish.

any sort of a win next week and decent win in the last game, should see us finish 3rd.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Comfortable win once 1-0 up..could've been more - youz were slightly wasteful upfront :P

Good luck for the rest of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Well done lads, looks like I'm out for the rest of the season though. Was at physio the other day and I'm having some bother with my knee, first it was fluid build up now it's a cartilage problem.

Best of luck anyhoo

Advertisement