Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice/vocal training in Limerick?

Options
  • 26-07-2010 8:00am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone,
    I'm having a little trouble finding information on vocal/voice training in Limerick and was wondering if anyone could suggest where I could find such a place. I will be contacting centrestageireland but would like to see who else is out there.

I'm not looking for singing lessons, but somewhere I can get my voice trained to speak more clearly etc. I know myself I speak quite fast and sometimes that causes my words to come out "gluey", and I'd like to rectify this.

Any ideas/suggestions on where to go are welcome.

Thanks!
    FG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I'd say Toastmasters would be worth a shot too. Been meaning to check them out for ages......and still haven't :rolleyes:

Raheen Toastmasters (there are others as far as I'm aware though)

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Google speech + drama limerick. A few different people come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

You could try the DIY approach.Practise at reading well written prose/poetry/short stories etc out loud.Record it/play back....You might consider joining an amateur drama group,take part in readings.Can be quite enjoyable,if hard work;maybe at first you might be embarrassingly self conscious but it is quite rewarding and an ongoing learning process for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Olaf

Theres a toastmasters in the city centre as well. Meet every second Monday according to the website. Also kept meaning to go and never quite made it!

http://limerick.freetoasthost.ws/index.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi guys,
    Thanks for the help! the toastmasters sounds interesting and would be very beneficial. If anyone is interested in attending this when it resumes in September, let me know. I do alot of presentations in work but I'm certain I'll learn loads here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I would be tempted to head along alright...

🤪

Advertisement