Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Improving the lights on a Corolla

Options
  • 25-07-2010 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

I have an 02 Corolla Hatchback, newer shape. The dipped headlights (and indeed the headlights) are piss poor in my opinion. They are the original lights.

Can anyone recommend a different light bulb that might improve them.

I read somewhere that changing the bulbs can cause the light fittings to melt. Any truth in that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Try the Osram Night Breakers or Philips X-treme Power bulbs. I have the Night Breakers and find the light from them is excellent especially if you live outside a city or town. Note however that these bulbs tend to have a shorter life than standard bulbs.

These are good sites to get them:

www.micksgarage.ie
    www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk
    www.powerbulbs.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

Just an observation, I had Night-breakers... both went within 1 month of fitting them. I now have the original bulbs back in and they are still going strong 2 years later!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I have my current Night Breakers in about 12 months and still going, being DRLs too they are on all the time. My previous set only lasted 9 months though so they are hit and miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭beam99

The first thing to check there is, are the bulbs that are in the car at the moment fitted in the corrected position, I've came across this before a few times bulbs fitted wrong causing bad light.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Toyota also do a range of upgraded bulbs that aren't high wattage.
    As above, make sure bulbs are correct and fitted properly. Driven loads of those Corollas and never found the lights bad.
    Is there scratching/scuffing on the lenses?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

you could always go the xenon route. not as expensive as some people make out to be. i got mine for 60euro. a pair or nightbreakers or x-tremes can cost over 20 afaik and xenon are much brighter than them and last longer

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Corolla doesn't have a projector beam headlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

i know but its still done. its an option cos once the lights are focused right it'l make a good diff

Advertisement