Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy football 2010 - Actual Meet up Draft

Options
  • 25-07-2010 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've seen some threads on here regarding fantasy football.
    I would like to arrange a draft in a pub htat has a wifi connection.
    Would basically use ESPN.com in the pub but would be a bit of craic face to face over a few pints
    If anyone is interested let me know and i'll try to organise this

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

timbotim wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've seen some threads on here regarding fantasy football.
    I would like to arrange a draft in a pub htat has a wifi connection.
    Would basically use ESPN.com in the pub but would be a bit of craic face to face over a few pints
    If anyone is interested let me know and i'll try to organise this

From experience of doing live drafts pubs are a bad idea unless it is a private room in the pub with less people around for the following reasons:

- Far to much liquid near laptops
    - Can get messy with so many folk around if the bar is busy
    - And if their WIFI ever drops it can cause disruption.

Live drafts are a great idea but would be much better in a location you have full control over and less people around around other than those involved in draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭timbotim

definitely a few good points made there. maybe i didn't think it through enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

timbotim wrote: »
    definitely a few good points made there. maybe i didn't think it through enough

Definitely Live drafts are awesome and good craic with food and beer. But I have done a few in bars and they are messy and have seen laptops getting wrecked due to idiots not paying attention when walking by tables.

Most of the ones I do in US nowadays are in someones house or a private room in the bar where only those drafting are there. Fun times though for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭timbotim

well i'd be willing to offer up my house for it.
    Also i think some sort of monetary incentive might make things interesting as well(however i realise this is tough when we are effectively strangers)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

We're not strangers we're boardsies:P

I'd be willing to go to one if someone was giving me a couch to sleep on:P, wouldn't like to have to drive home for over an hour drunk xD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

wouldn't like to have to drive home for over an hour drunk xD

I think I speak for us all when I say we don't want you driving anywhere drunk for any length of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

f1dan wrote: »
    I think I speak for us all when I say we don't want you driving anywhere drunk for any length of time!

Just to point out that I'm not a prick who would drink and a drive. One of the selection of smilies may have been useful there!:o

Advertisement