Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Which Bike Question

Options
  • 25-07-2010 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Really looking for some advice from you lot. Looking to buy a bike for commuting between Tallaght and the Quays on a daily basis. I use a Giant Rincon at the moment, and that is grand for a 5mile commute in, and 5mile home cycle to my job at the moment.

However I'm moving next week, and my distance will double to about 9miles each way, daily. As I weigh over 100kgs and am just over 6ft, I'd need a bike capable of supporting a larger frame.

I'd hope to use the bike to cycle not just commuting but also start to cycle as an activity too. I've probably been commuting for over two years now on my rincon, so I'm taking the opportunity to use the cycle to work scheme to the best of advantage and if needs spend the full amount i.e. €1,000.

Any recommendations of what type of bike I should be looking for, as I'd hope to be able to commute in up to 40mins each way?

Thanks

Advertisement