Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance Grant - proof of address?

Options
  • 25-07-2010 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi

I am a mature independent student and I've applied for the maintenance grant for the coming year. I living in a friend's house (its his house, I'm just renting a room). The VEC want proof of my address but won't accept bank statements. They want utility bills, tv licence, mortgage statement etc but I don't have any of them. What can I do? I've sent them a copy of my P21, this was posted to my parents address but does show the rent tax credit on it which cannot be claimed if paying rent to parents. Surely thats enough proof, but obviously its not!

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

could try emailing your county council and ask about your situation and maybe give you a solution

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

They are very strict about this. Do a search of this forum and you'll come across dozens of people who had the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Maybe you could print up a backdated lease and receipts for each month's rent, and have your friend sign them? You could even get a rent book and fill that out.

Advertisement