Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mugabe really is the apex of political corruption!

Options
  • 25-07-2010 5:33pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭

Although we give out about some of our lot, in fairness they don't hold a candle to Mugabe and this army generals that are keeping him in power.

The Sunday Times has reported that Mugabe is now allowing the state mines be to raided and the diamonds that are there, be taken - and not for use to help the state or its starving people! The top brass apparently are lining their own pockets before any change might come soon when Mugabe might go ...and they know he's time is running out

Apparently there is enough diamonds in the country alone to pay off their national debt and still have a lot left over to reconstruct. Sadly these are now going into the pockets of Mugabe and his generals, while they force the people living around the mines into forced labour to further their own wealth.

For those interested, here is the Times article:
    http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2875/wwwthesundaytimescoukst.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I don't see how this helps to reinforce my white-mans-guilt tho?

They treat themselves worse than the colonisers did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

bonerm wrote: »
    I don't see how this helps to reinforce my white-mans-guilt tho?
    i guess i really shouldn't post in this thread :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Even if they got rid of Mugabe there will be another despot ready to take over and do it all again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Pauleta wrote: »
    Even if they got rid of Mugabe there will be another despot ready to take over and do it all again.

They can have Bertie.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

They treat themselves worse than the colonisers did.

same with the Irish,we're just a big bunch of arseholes

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭wing52

Ever since eugene terreblanche got a good slappin,nobodys listened to

mugabe.Anyway,he's85 years old so it's just a waiting game for all intents

and purposes.

Wonder who's next in the hot seat?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

wing52 wrote: »
    ...Wonder who's next in the hot seat?

Well Jacob Zuma might manage to take over if allowed to do it or live long enough!

An earlier article: http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/83/wwwthetimescoukttonewsw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

There is a good Mugabe, because I bought a mobile phone from him in Tralee. I didn't dare ask him if he was related to the evil one, as I preferred holding the phone in my hand instead of having it shoved up my ass.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    There is a good Mugabe, because I bought a mobile phone from him in Tralee. I didn't dare ask him if he was related to the evil one, as I preferred holding the phone in my hand instead of having it shoved up my ass.

You have a donkey? :confused:

(I know... I'll get me coat!)

• Advertisement

Biggins wrote: »
    You have a donkey? :confused:

(I know... I'll get me coat!)

In a manner of speaking, no.:(

would that coat be a donkey-jacket?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

Sunday Times - HA!

ejmaztec wrote: »
    In a manner of speaking, no.:(
    would that coat be a donkey-jacket?
    Nay! :o
    Sunday Times - HA!
    Aaa... ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

there was a report on the BBC news a few months ago about the attitudes of some Zimbabwean businessmen and their families, it bore remarkable similarities with those here in Ireland, first the property was stolen from the former colonolists and divided up amongst the leaders friends and the wives of the businessmen believed that the houses and cars etc were "gifts from god"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Its so sad to see Zimbabwe in its current state compared to the way it was 25 or so years ago

QFT

I find the history of Zimbabwe/Rhodesia really intriguing for some reason.

DylanJM wrote: »
    QFT

I find the history of Zimbabwe/Rhodesia really intriguing for some reason.

True, the same could be said for many African nations, But once the leaders & hangers-on have feathered their own nests they stop developing the country and to hell with the remainder of the population.

The Europeans taught them everything they know about bribery and corruption, and people like Mugabe have turned it into an art-form. Everybody gets a hand-out, or nothing gets done.

They make our shower of crooked bastards look like rank amateurs.

Advertisement