Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommended motherboard with 8+ Sata ports?

Options
  • 25-07-2010 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I'm looking for a budget (ish) motherboard that has 8+ Sata ports, Gigabit ethernet and preferably supports Intel C2D or higher (i5, i7,...).
    Been reading a few reviews but I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed with a lot of differing opinions in said reviews.
    I want something that will last and be a bit flexible (if I decide to say slap a graphics card in there).
    Any boards boards would suggest? :-D

Also if you want to suggest cases as well that would be awesome. :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭duffman85

Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L Rev2.0 - £72.76

Full Spec here

8 SATA ports, gigabit ethernet, 2 PCI-E x16 slots( one runs at x16, one at x4), supports core i3 and i5 processors and up to 16GB of DDR3 RAM

for processors if you want a core i3 or i5 the motherboard needs to use Socket 1156.if you want to use a core i7 processor the motherboard needs to use Socket 1366.

Most(all?) current motherboards will have a PCI-Express 2.0 x16 slot to add a graphics card. If the motherboard doesn't have integrated graphics you will have to get a graphics card to connect your pc to a monitor.

Any attempt to futureproof will just drive up the cost e.g motherboards that support USB 3.0 and SATA-III.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 nutterguy

Cool. Seems like a good balance between function and price.
    Cheers duffman!

Advertisement