Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to learn irish - Recommendations

Options
  • 25-07-2010 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've always wanted to learn irish and i've got a month off work due to injury and figure i should do something useful with th time!

I've previously learnt conversational italn and french (this level is all i want from irish to begin with).

Can anyone reccomend any cd's/mp3s or digital courses that may be available to buy either in shops or on the net? Im somewhat housebound so going to classes isn't an option.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭deise go deo

I would suggest Buntús Cainte, its a set of three books containing 195 Ceachtanna(lessons). these lessons are also on 6 cd's which comes with the set, the set costs about E22,

I would also suggest getting involved getting involved in a Ciorcal Comhrá (conversation group) if you can, it can help to go through what you have learned with other speakers

Go N-Éire An T-Adh Leat.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

I would recommend Teach yourself Irish aswell as Buntús Cainte
    You'll get both in any Easons

Advertisement