Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Glue for Winscreen attachment

Options
  • 25-07-2010 9:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking to stick something (heavy enough) to the windscreen and just wondering can anyone recommend a glue that, if I ever want to take the thing back off, will require some force, but not enough to shatter the windscreen?

The 3m sticky backing on things usually works great so anything like this would be great.

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

cormie wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking to stick something (heavy enough) to the windscreen and just wondering can anyone recommend a glue that, if I ever want to take the thing back off, will require some force, but not enough to shatter the windscreen?

The 3m sticky backing on things usually works great so anything like this would be great.

Any feedback appreciated :)

Did you ever have a schoolteacher say 'the answer is in the question'? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

I used silicon to stick a rearview mirror to the windscreen of a mondeo - it's held out for nearly 3 years now...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Dr.Vag wrote: »
    Did you ever have a schoolteacher say 'the answer is in the question'? :)

Hehe, yeah, but I've never seen 3M glue myself, or in fact 3m double sided glue pads ;) Just wondering is there a particular product that would be best I could pick up in woodies or somewhere :)

Advertisement