Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Tickets for Juveniles

Options
  • 25-07-2010 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Was planning to head for the Hurling Q/Fs tomorrow at Croke Park. Tried to buy five tickets on ticketmaster in Lower Hogan (four adults and one child). Tells me none are available. But, putting in five adults it offers me five excellent seats.

Similar story with other stands. All I can get anywhere in the stadium when including a juvenile are crap seats along the goal line in the Cusack Stand.

Is this normal?

Maybe we'll just go to the Air Show in Bray instead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

You could try the ticket office on Dorset Street on Sunday. I got two for Saturday's matches there, along with 4 adults, all for the Davin Stand. It'll be a more exciting day than the air show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Juvenile tickets @ 5 euro cannot be bought for the Hogan Stand.
    Our club enquired about getting them in the past and told juvenile tickets can only be had for cusack or canal end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭DH2K9

Ye kids tickets is sections 301-303 and 309-311

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭jacko1

big issue for gaa to address.

Fair play for the €5 tickets but the location right at the front of the corner flag between cusack and davin is a joke. Kids see nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AilbeL200

Planning to go to croke parke for limerick versus "to be decided" and take kids. Only the lower tiers are open. I can't understand why croke parke does not open up the middle sections of the different tiers and give all a great experience. Instead the kids will be placed down beside the goals on the lower tier. I know the kids tickets are only 5 euro , and the atmosphere may be slightly diluted by spreading the crowd over several tiers, but we should be trying to give the kids (and the parents) an experience to remember i.e. a good view.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

What is a "juvenile"? Have a 2.5 year old, is he still considered a juvenile?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

yop wrote: »
    What is a "juvenile"? Have a 2.5 year old, is he still considered a juvenile?
    Juvenile is u-16, although this frequently stretches to 18/19 year olds.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

I think the GAA are to be hugely commended for their ticketing arrangements for children. Free into all National League games around the country and €5 into all Championship games up to AI Semi Final is fantastic value.

I've had my kids in almost every section in Croke Pk and never really had a problem (low down directly behind the Davin goal is, admittedly, poor). They would get worse criticism were they to place adults (without kids) who paid full price and placed all of them in the corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭cocoman

While I commend the GAA for promoting the attendance of children through the €5 tickets I really think that for the lesser attended games they should open up all the seats for them. It’s a bit unfair to stick the kids into the corners when there are plenty of other seats available. I intend to go next weekend but the idea of being stuck into a corner of the lower Cusack (again :mad:) is really putting me off. If I purchase tickets directly from the ticket office in Dorset St will they also put me in this location?
    I really don’t want to pay €30 for a juvenile.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

cocoman wrote: »
    While I commend the GAA for promoting the attendance of children through the €5 tickets I really think that for the lesser attended games they should open up all the seats for them. It’s a bit unfair to stick the kids into the corners when there are plenty of other seats available. I intend to go next weekend but the idea of being stuck into a corner of the lower Cusack (again :mad:) is really putting me off. If I purchase tickets directly from the ticket office in Dorset St will they also put me in this location?[/SIZE]
    I really don’t want to pay €30 for a juvenile.
    for both games next weekend theres upper cusack juvenile tickets available which have a much better view than down by the side line in a corner.

• Advertisement

for both games next weekend theres upper cusack juvenile tickets available which have a much better view than down by the side line in a corner.

Thanks for that.
    Lower Cusack sold out already :eek:.

At the moment only lower tiers are open for limerick v Clare match. Lower Davin section 322 currently available for juveniles. I wonder will the upper tiers be opened!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭slegs

AilbeL200 wrote: »
    At the moment only lower tiers are open for limerick v Clare match. Lower Davin section 322 currently available for juveniles. I wonder will the upper tiers be opened!

I have no doubt that upper tiers will open. Apparently there were 10000 tickets sold via tickets.ie even before Clare qualified and tickets are distributed to clubs. I would guess at 50,000 attendance which would have upper tiers of Cusack and Higan open but not Upper Davin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭purplepanda

Advice for supporters with children who paid full price for match tickets, just in case anyone doesn't know how to claim a child ticket refund. :D

You can buy tickets on ticketmaster or even better for seating choice, at the ticket booths on the day of the match outside at Croke Park & you will have to pay full adult price.

If a child then uses the ticket for admission, you can get a refund back inside the stadium by the child passing through another turnstile where the juvenile will receive a partial refund so if effect gaining admission for child's prices.

I think it's the Canal & Cusack Stands which have the refund turnstiles located inside

Make sure you get your refund back from your kids before they spend it!!! :pac:

http://www.gaa.ie/tickets-and-merchandise/tickets/concession-info/

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

Advice for supporters with children who paid full price for match tickets, just in case anyone doesn't know how to claim a child ticket refund. :D

You can buy tickets on ticketmaster or even better for seating choice, at the ticket booths on the day of the match outside at Croke Park & you will have to pay full adult price.

If a child then uses the ticket for admission, you can get a refund back inside the stadium by the child passing through another turnstile where the juvenile will receive a partial refund so if effect gaining admission for child's prices.

I think it's the Canal & Cusack Stands which have the refund turnstiles located inside

Don't buy your tickets on Ticketmaster, use tickets.ie instead. You'll get a better selection and save yourself paying the €5 or so Ticketmaster charge as a service fee.

The refund available is always equal to the cost of a stand ticket minus the cost of a terrace ticket. For the hurling SF's it will be €15 (€40 - €25). A child's ticket will always cost €5, so if you go down the route of paying full price and claiming the rebate you will pay more. €20 more in this case. However, you may get a better seat so you might consider that worth it.

The rebate is available on Cusack and Davin tickets but you can only claim it by going in through Block D in the Cusack stand. You cannot get it by going in through the Davin turnstiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 _and_

For a 17 year old secondary school student, what is an acceptable form of student ID?

_and_ wrote: »
    For a 17 year old secondary school student, what is an acceptable form of student ID?

I used my passport once a few years ago and got the money back. I think it very much depends on the outlook of whoever you go to. You'd want to be a real jobsworth to deny a 17 year old the money but I'm sure there are a few who would.

Does this not just apply to Seniors and students (on production of valid student id card)? By students I am assuming they mean those in full time ed over the age of 16.
    Would a 13 yo qualify for concession?

I went to Gaelic grounds with 2 adult tickets and 1 juvenile (5euro) ticket. I am adult and the two kids are 12 and 9. At the concession turnstile , I asked if I could get a student concession for my 9 year old. I was told he had to be going to college and needed ID. The guy could see he was a kid, but would not give the student concession. Maybe Croke Parke will be more reasonable, but you take a risk!(Ps I bought ticket via local club so had to take what I got, even though I was looking for 1 adult and 2 juvenile tickets. )

I went to Gaelic grounds with 2 adult tickets and 1 juvenile (5euro) ticket. I am adult and the two kids are 12 and 9. At the concession turnstile , I asked if I could get a student concession for my 9 year old. I was told he had to be going to college and needed ID. The guy could see he was a kid, but would not give the student concession. Maybe Croke Parke will be more reasonable, but you take a risk!(Ps I bought ticket via local club so had to take what I got, even though I was looking for 1 adult and 2 juvenile tickets. )

I think that sums it up, you are taking a risk. A lot of the people on the stiles in Croke Park are young lads who couldn't really care either way but there are a few older ones who strongly believe in the student i.d only approach.

• Advertisement

Where would be better?
    Corner of Upper Cusack 714 E or Lower Davin 317 HH?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,040 ✭✭✭bren2001

cocoman wrote: »
    Does this not just apply to Seniors and students (on production of valid student id card)? By students I am assuming they mean those in full time ed over the age of 16.
    Would a 13 yo qualify for concession?

By student they means a student in 3rd level:

"The GAA continues to offer the best value in sport and there are special concessions available for kids (16s or under), Senior Citizens and students of third level institutions."

If you are 13 you can get a child ticket for a fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

That's a joke, yer man was just being anal about the whole thing. I think most would have given the discount, as a ticket for a 13 y.o. is only a 5er.

Advertisement