Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT & High Emissions

Options
  • 24-07-2010 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Today I failed my NCT on high emmisions. The reading came in at 0.36% and the limit was 0.30%

My car is a 00 Saxo 1.1 and need the fecker to pass as I dont have mula for a new car at the mo.

Before I bring my car to the garage to be charged for a new cat converter or somthing I was just wondering is there any product like Redex that will bring down the emissions on a short term basis?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

PCros wrote: »
    Today I failed my NCT on high emmisions. The reading came in at 0.36% and the limit was 0.30%

My car is a 00 Saxo 1.1 and need the fecker to pass as I dont have mula for a new car at the mo.

Before I bring my car to the garage to be charged for a new cat converter or somthing I was just wondering is there any product like Redex that will bring down the emissions on a short term basis?

Thanks in advance

Did you warm the car up before the test? Best advice is to thrash it in a high gear for ten minutes before you get to the NCT centre. That'll almost certainly get it past the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Bigus

Confab wrote: »
    Did you warm the car up before the test? Best advice is to thrash it in a high gear for ten minutes before you get to the NCT centre. That'll almost certainly get it past the test.

And some additive in the fuel from the motor factors.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭2yung2adm

over 70% of high readings are caused by incorrectly set plug gaps. Check the plugs first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭PCros

Confab wrote: »

I heard that technique...you mean in first or second gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

Diptaine should help bring down the emmisions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

PCros wrote: »
    I heard that technique...you mean in first or second gear?

Just thrash it without breaking any laws!

Advertisement