Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mazda 3 MPS Remap Where?

Options
  • 24-07-2010 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Just swapped my Fabia vrs for a Mazda 3 Mps and would like to get it mapped, but cant seem to find anyone here that can do it.

This place do it, but I have no contact from them.

http://www.auto-tune.ie/

Can anyone help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Well, where are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Squall19

Limerick:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I just had a remap done with joe from chippedire. Highly recommended. If any remap websites dont list your exact car i wouldnt worry as its more finding out what kind of ecu is in it that will allow them to work on it.

http://www.kcsystems.ie are in cork. Not a million miles from you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Squall19 wrote: »
    Just swapped my Fabia vrs for a Mazda 3 Mps and would like to get it mapped, but cant seem to find anyone here that can do it.

This place do it, but I have no contact from them.

http://www.auto-tune.ie/

Can anyone help me?

squall, you need to talk to Stealthyspeeder on here.
    he went through all this last year on his MPS. he had his running 310bhp.

my mate had his for 2 years and didnt bother has its expensive to get done on the MPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've a place in Cork which will do it for you if you want. They did one of my cars last week and the difference is incredible. Going to get them to do the other one soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Stealthyspeeder had to go to the UK to get his mapped, he got some engine mods and he told me it cost him £1000 for the map because the guy who done it was the only person that could do it (although this was about a year ago)

And congrats on the new purchase, you went on and on about them before, glad to see you finally got one :)
    kceire wrote: »
    squall, you need to talk to shadowheath on here.

he went through all this last year on his MPS. he had his running 310bhp.

my mate had his for 2 years and didnt bother has its expensive to get done on the MPS.

I don't think he had one, I reckon you're thinking of Stealthy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Why in the name of jaysus would you want to re-map a 3 MPS? That car more than most has power that far outstrips (FWD) chassis finesse by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,988 ✭✭✭✭unkel

pburns wrote: »
    Why in the name of jaysus would you want to re-map a 3 MPS? That car more than most has power that far outstrips (FWD) chassis finesse by all accounts.

Well the straight line max speed will increase for one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

I think OBD tuning near Ballymena up North do them.

The software Mazda use on the MPS is very specific and only became generally available about 6 month ago. I would go for a custom tune instead of a reflash.

Sanspeed in the UK would be the best IMO

Any questions you wanna know about the MPS, shoot me a PM as I spent about a year learning everything I could about them!

Congrats on the purchase! pics please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Squall19

Thanks lads, was worried it couldnt be done:D

I rang that guy in Ballymena Stealthy, he will bring it to 300bhp and an extra 100nm torque, he will do it for 550 euro, is that good?

I will give that place a ring sentient, cork would suit me fine, thanks.

Can you give me a pm Paint doctor, thanks.

@ Stealthy after the remap is it still limited in power in 1st and 2nd? Or will the remap bring it up to stock power in 1st and 2nd or how does it work.Im collecting it tuesday, will put up pics straight away, im like a child at christmas lol, cant wait:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I can't blame ya for being excited, I was in Stealthy's a few times and they are seriously bloody faast in a straight line,

If you get it mapped, I think you should leave first and second alone, I can only imagine it would give monumental torque steer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

Squall19 wrote: »
    Thanks lads, was worried it couldnt be done:D

I rang that guy in Ballymena Stealthy, he will bring it to 300bhp and an extra 100nm torque, he will do it for 550 euro, is that good?

I will give that place a ring sentient, cork would suit me fine, thanks.

Can you give me a pm Paint doctor, thanks.

@ Stealthy after the remap is it still limited in power in 1st and 2nd? Or will the remap bring it up to stock power in 1st and 2nd or how does it work.Im collecting it tuesday, will put up pics straight away, im like a child at christmas lol, cant wait:D

around 350 sterling is what he did a friend of mine's for, he had to get a new fuel pump (nothing wrong with the remap but the stock pump couldn't keep the fuel pressure high enough at +5000 revs)

The power can be delimited if you get a custom tune (and 155mph limited taken off! ;)) I asked for the torque limiter to be left on in first and 2nd as those gears are next to useless in the stock car (1st is all wheelspin and 2nd is over in under 2 seconds!) so I thought keeping it would preserve the life of the transmission. Its all about that 3rd and fourth gear surge!

This talk of the MPS makes me miss mine :(

Advertisement