Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recovery of a CCTV system

Options
  • 24-07-2010 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm trying to 'recover' a CCTV system for a friend.

He can't remember the company who installed it a few years ago - anyway - they set up a PC with a PCI video card that has no brand name on it but it has four BNC connectors (with four Conexant chips on-board) and they had some version of Linux on it (I know this because I used recovery software to try to rescue the data, to no avail).

They shoved it into a press, it over-heated, melted the PSU and corrupted the HDD. Of course they left no manual, no instructions as to how it was installed and configured, and no CDs with software.

I've installed XP Pro SP3 on it (the PC is over four years old and I don't know enough about Linux to use it for this) and I've attached a cap of the list in Device Manager.

121459.jpg
    It's a Gigabyte mobo (GA-8184P775-G) which is no longer supported by them. I did a Google of the Conexant (Fusion 878A) chips and bt878 is what came back to me.

There's power going to the Sanyo dome cameras (VCC-P7575PA) and I know this because I can manually zoom the lens using a little toggle switch in the housing. I'm on a LAN and using a Cisco router and I can access other devices and the internet on the PC but I haven't the foggiest idea how to connect to the cameras (four of them).

I've used several different pieces of CCTV software (trial etc.) but for the life of me can't figure out how to 'see' the cameras. I don't have the Sanyo software (VA-SW3050LITE) but I thought I'd be able to access the (PTZ) cameras with the other software (Blue Iris, iCode-iCatcher etc.).

Any help would be appreciated.

Muchas gracias.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I've seen those chips on some kodicom cards and some of their clones. To control the ptz cameras you will need to know what protocol they are using.
    Without knowing what make of card you have it will be hard to get the drivers for it.
    Could you just get a new geovision card

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭nodolan

Thanks Jnealon.
    I'm afraid there's no money for a Geovision card (they run for close to €200 and more), he doesn't even have money to pay me (I'm doing it as a favour). If I took a photo of the card would that help identifying it? In the meantime though I'll try the Kodicom option in the software that I have.

;)

Advertisement