Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wrong firmware bundle selected - pwnageTool

Options
  • 23-07-2010 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hopefully someone here has the answer to this one.

I'm trying to jailbreak my 3gs and I have followed various different guides all of which pretty much tells me the exact same steps how to do it.

Problem is that pwnagetool 4.01 does not recognize any of the firmwares.

I have tried the one in the itunes folder. I have downloaded from vasious different sources online. Using firefox and bittorrent.

I just keep on getting the same error - wrong firmware bundle selected.

um. A google reveal this isn't a too common error so what am I doing wrong here???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

thought it worked only on 3g models ?

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭dantastic

BOBBY wrote: »
    thought it worked only on 3g models ?

that's redsn0w.
    pwnageTool is meant to work on the 3gs w/ old bootrom.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 CoolDudesJunk

This took me aaaggggeesss and I hope people find this message when they're googling the problem.

The problem is the version of Pwnage Tool. Each version only jailbreaks specific firmware versions. So if your trying up JB an Apple TV2 version 4.2.1 and your using Pwnage tool 4.3 then it's not gonna work because 4.3 only does Apple TV2 version 4.3 .

How do I know if my version of Pwnage tool will work??
    On a mac, if you right click/ctrl click the Pwnage Tool icon and choose "Show Package Contents.
    From there go into: Contents/Resources/Firmware Bundles
    There you'll find a list of all the supported firmware versions (for every device).
    I'm not sure how to do this on a PC but I'm sure you can figure it out in the right click menu.

So how do I fix it if my firmware is not listed?? Simple, go to http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/tag/pwnagetool/ and find the Pawnage Tool version you think will suit your case. I cannot provide a list, maybe the Dev-Team has a list somewhere..

Hope I helped though.

Also, just as a precaution, download the firmware (from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/) using Firefox, NOT SAFARI because Safari can sometimes zip the file making it unusable.

Advertisement