Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chest Pain

Options
  • 23-07-2010 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

I didn't find a general health forum, so if there is one, please move the thread.

Ever since I was 15(I'm 18 now) I've been having pains in my chest.
    It's located on heart level, but on the center and more forward.

It appears at random times and lasts usually for a few seconds but sometimes can be even as long as a minute. Usually once per day.
    It's bearable when it's short, but if it's longer than 10 seconds, it becomes quite ridiculous. It's very sharp pain, not dull.

When the pain appears, I can't take deep breaths, it just "stops" and simply won't inhale deeper. But when pain goes away it's fine again.

I've been to doctors but they didn't find anything and accused me of lying to skip school.

I wonder if anyone has any clue what it could be.

I am going to doc once more, but not very soon because I am busy right now and this thing does not interfere with my tasks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

You really are best seeing a doctor, no one on this board can give you medical advice :)

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭johanz

Cathach wrote: »
    You really are best seeing a doctor, no one on this board can give you medical advice :)

Good luck
    I don't really need medical advice, was just wondering if anyone else has/had something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Yourself

It sounds serious keep going to different doctors until you find one who takes you seriously and get an answer. Dont let it go. Im sure it could be a million things but even if someone did have some similar symptoms, it cant be suggested that its the same thing.

Good luck and dont let it slide especially if its daily!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

Don't ignore chest pains - seek medical advice from a professional.

/thread - as per Charter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement