Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E92 coupe and a baby..

Options
  • 23-07-2010 9:26pm
    Subscribers Posts: 78 ✭✭

I have a baby on the way and a coupe (BMW E92) on the driveway...

Just wondering how other people have got on... is it difficult to manage or should I start looking into getting myself another 2 doors? :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

minttea wrote: »
    I have a baby on the way and a coupe (BMW E92) on the driveway...

Just wondering how other people have got on... is it difficult to manage or should I start looking into getting myself another 2 doors? :D

It's doable but not ideal. Until you have another kid it should be fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,041 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Best of luck with your baby on the way!

You'll be fine with your 2 door coupe. And no, you do not need a 4 door 7 seat MPV now you're about to become a parent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

I'm not up on coupe's and child seats and the ins and outs of them, but if you're going to be putting the child seat in the back: You will put your back out eventually!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

lovely car, once you have an isofix base installed (something like this http://www.maxi-cosi.com/gb-en/carseats/baby/easyfix)
    you'll be able to click the car-seat in and out fairly easily, the only difficulty will arise if you have to park close in to other cars or if someone parks too close to you - cos of the e92's long doors and low roof access to the rear seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Tragedy wrote: »
    I'm not up on coupe's and child seats and the ins and outs of them, but if you're going to be putting the child seat in the back: You will put your back out eventually!
    Only if your child is fat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I had 2 kids in baby seats, in a TT, so, comparatively, the 3-er is a Bus. I see no issue.

And, ++ small people can't open/mess with rear doors that aren't there......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Tragedy

JHMEG wrote: »
    Only if your child is fat.
    It's not the weight, it's the twisting of your back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

You can put you back out doing anything, even just turning the wrong way. So holding a weight out at arms length is going to increase the risk. But if you are careful not to overreach you shouldn't have a problem. If you had a bad back, then you might find it a problem. Like bad2dabone said the main problem would be parking with long doors and trying to get baby and baby seat out.

Common sense should tell you its easier with 4 doors but its not impossible with 2.

• Subscribers Posts: 78 ✭✭minttea

Thanks everyone.. very helpful.

I'm going to give it a go for a while and see how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Leprechaun77

You should be grand with the newborn at the start as they are generally in a carseat while putting them into the car. An Isofix base is a MUST! The problem occurs at 7-9 months when they grow out of this seat. You then need to get a forward facing seat that stays in the car. I am at this stage now at it is a pain in the ars€ lifting the little one in and out of the missus' 3-door....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

Should be ok - anytime I was putting a baby into mine I just stepped into the car to secure the belt etc.. if you've a bad back I suppose it would be difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

minttea wrote: »
    Thanks everyone.. very helpful.

I'm going to give it a go for a while and see how I get on.
    Grand for startin off in the rearward facin seat but like the post above me says once the forward facing one comes itll be a pain in the arse! not to mention the fact the kid will have no room for his feet if the stick out over his seat! this is when i changed to a saloon and tbh never looked back!
    some things are more important than the nice coupe in the garden;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

I'd suggest you buy a 4-door saloon / hatch / estate when your baby will be around five :)

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭frank gooding

At least there is no fear of kids opening back doors in a coupe.

I know I did it when I was a kid, gave the folks a bit of a fright.

Silver lining found keep the bm.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try it with the coupe, see if it works. If not go 4 doors.

Advertisement