Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant + Sponsorship

Options
  • 23-07-2010 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

I received a grant throughout my undergrad and have been offered a sponsorship from a firm for my postgrad. I was hoping to apply for a postgrad grant as well. Do I need to disclose the sponsorship to the county council when I apply? Will it effect the amount of grant I receive? Thanks to anyone for any help if they know or have gone through this kind of situation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

You do have to declare the sponsorship to the grants department. On the forms there is a specific section about any sponsorship you are receiving.

I don't know how having sponsorship will effect you claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

I just rang the council there, maybe slightly fudging the numbers a bit. She was really nice and said don't bother including it. Sweet. :D

At least if they come back now and question it, I can say I asked!

Advertisement