Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Would you park blocking someones driveway?

Options
  • 23-07-2010 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering when you are visiting friends, would you park blocking someones driveway?

The reason I ask is that this seems to happen to me a lot that people park outside my house while visiting neighbours and block or partially block my driveway.

I would never park like this. Am I the exception? I have mentioned it to the neighbours before. My situation is that I might have to leave my garden in a hurry as Ive a child with serious health issues.

Would like to hear peoples thoughts on this or am I just turning into a moany oul one:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Get one of these and it will solve the problem

20090521182015!New_iraqi_army_tank.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,365 ✭✭✭✭ted1

happens my bro who lives very close to dundrum shopping center people are too cheap to pay for parking he calls the guards and they tow the cars:) it is 120 fine and 2 points on licence. Don't feel guilty about it. These people are ignorant and preventing you from living your day to day life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

SARASON wrote: »
    Get one of these and it will solve the problem

20090521182015!New_iraqi_army_tank.jpg

Jesus that would solve all my problems, I could shoot my ex with it too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Knine wrote: »
    I'm just wondering when you are visiting friends, would you park blocking someones driveway?

The reason I ask is that this seems to happen to me a lot that people park outside my house while visiting neighbours and block or partially block my driveway.

I would never park like this. Am I the exception? I have mentioned it to the neighbours before. My situation is that I might have to leave my garden in a hurry as Ive a child with serious health issues.

Would like to hear peoples thoughts on this or am I just turning into a moany oul one:D

you're not mad.

its bang outta order-esp if you've raised the issue already,and they know you've a childwith health issues.

politely remind them again,and if that fails, you block your neighbours drive.....

or if your bad minded,,,stick a screwdriver in the tyres....

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

no way would i park in some one,s way. at my mother inlaws house there is a school 100 yards away and this big tank parked in her drive way, reveresed up her drive way got out, locked the tank ( big car) went of to get her child from school, so mother called son to tell him what happend , he came in his jeep and parked outside the twit, he was working near by so he just went of back to work .he left his car parked so the twit couldnt go, how dare she park in the drive way of a private property, tresspasser came back in a flap, and kept flapping for half an hour. she never parked there again.

• Advertisement

LOL at that cats life. Whats flapping???:D:D

I'm glad its not just me that thinks that way..... I was beginning to think its all part and parcel of estate living.

If I park outside my driveway, my car is in danger of being damaged by the kids playing ball and not giving a **** about using your car as goalpost so I always tend to leave my car in my driveway.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

SARASON wrote: »
    LOL at that cats life. Whats flapping???:D:D
    the wans mouth on fone to husband15_5_20.gif

cats.life wrote: »
    the wans mouth on fone to husband15_5_20.gif

Thats just the funniest thing Ive seen all week......:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

Ah hah, you know you need to get planning permission to change your front garden from an actual garden to a paved hideous off street cobble lot parking driving bay. HOWEVER as usual there is no enforcement of this. Therefore in these instances you have absolutely the right to park in front of anyone who has changed from garden to off street parking without abiding by the proper rules and regs but not sure what state your car in this law intoyourownhands city would be. Where I live in DLRD county Dublin the council parking dopes have actually put double yellow lines outside all the illegal converted gardens without checking if in fact they have the right to convert and also failing to cop on to the fact that they are in serious loss of daily revenue by preventing pay and display on street parking. Ah, only in Ireland.
    In London, anyone converting from garden to off street parking without permission gets a large cement block dumped outside their house until full compliance and law is adhered to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

I always make a point of ensuring that I don't park across driveways. The only exception would be parking across the driveway of the house I'm visiting, but nobody else's.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭CarMuppet

Tut tut tut. That's like borrowing the neighbours lawnmower, stripping parts from it and waiting 6 months before handing it back. And yes this did happen. People amaze me.

Some time back I lived in a park and when I used to travel with work I asked neighbours to use my driveway to make it look like someone was home.

Some neighbours relation parked a jeep in my drive and went on hoildays. All fine except they brought the dam keys with them. I saw the funny side of it though. Got a nice bottle of wine out of it too!

Seriously though if the pavement/footpath is dimpled at the top of a driveway is that not a junction?

Chinasea wrote: »
    Ah hah, you know you need to get planning permission to change your front garden from an actual garden to a paved hideous off street cobble lot parking driving bay. HOWEVER as usual there is no enforcement of this. Therefore in these instances you have absolutely the right to park in front of anyone who has changed from garden to off street parking without abiding by the proper rules and regs but not sure what state your car in this law intoyourownhands city would be. Where I live in DLRD county Dublin the council parking dopes have actually put double yellow lines outside all the illegal converted gardens without checking if in fact they have the right to convert and also failing to cop on to the fact that they are in serious loss of daily revenue by preventing pay and display on street parking. Ah, only in Ireland.
    In London, anyone converting from garden to off street parking without permission gets a large cement block dumped outside their house until full compliance and law is adhered to.

I didnt change the front garden, it was always a hideous off street paved driveway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jock101

People here, are generally just ignorant because they get away with it, its a national mentality. Whether its parking across your driveway or stupid dangerous parking on narrow roads. Its just something you have to put up with living in Housing Estates, especially if the morons next door are renting!:rolleyes:

jock as i said above, a call to the guards will sort it out..

ted1 wrote: »
    jock as i said above, a call to the guards will sort it out..

Yeah right:), I know a friend who did just that, he's still waiting for them to turn up!:):rolleyes:

works everytime for my bro in Dundrum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Ideally what you need is 4 guys with shovels.
    Apply shovels under wheels and use to lever car backwards out of drive into middle of the road.
    Then call Gards and have owner done for dangerous parking, mandatory court appearance and fine/points depending on the judges mood.
    Just difficult finding 4 guys with shovels when you need them, easier in the country, flag down nearest tractor, sling chain round rear suspension and tow car into nearest bog.
    I would not dream of parking in someone else's drive, whoever does that obviously did not have manners very well explained to them by their mammy and daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

jock101 wrote: »
    ....especially if the morons next door are renting!:rolleyes:
    It goes against my better judgement to reply to you, but anyway....

The people next door are called Moran. :p

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »

OOOOHHH yeaahh..:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robdsherlock

cats.life wrote: »
    no way would i park in some one,s way. at my mother inlaws house there is a school 100 yards away and this big tank parked in her drive way, reveresed up her drive way got out, locked the tank ( big car) went of to get her child from school, so mother called son to tell him what happend , he came in his jeep and parked outside the twit, he was working near by so he just went of back to work .he left his car parked so the twit couldnt go, how dare she park in the drive way of a private property, tresspasser came back in a flap, and kept flapping for half an hour. she never parked there again.

legend haha!!
    serves her right for bien an arse!

esel wrote: »

:D

Advertisement