Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motor factors

Options
  • 23-07-2010 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭

i purchased a serviced pack for my car recently, told the guy the make year etc, all put in a box, he checked the list to see what it required, i paid, arrived home and put the box away until i could get a chance to use it, today i serviced the car, but included in the pack was a set of plugs, now my car is fuel injected, so what list was he reading from.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

They are most likely spark plugs. Petrol engined cars still use spark plugs, fuel injected or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

bazz26 wrote: »
    They are most likely spark plugs. Petrol engined cars still use spark plugs, fuel injected or not.

This is indeed the case.....?

injector_plug-bosch.jpg

- Seemingly the manufacturing process and materials have evolved to the point where you'll very, very rarely need to change them (Assuming your combustion process is otherwise ticking over nicely......)

Where did you tell him to stick his Plugs?

- Maybe go back tomorrow and apologise ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Raiser wrote: »
    ... - Maybe go back tomorrow and apologise ;)
    or change your car for a diesel and dance up and down on the counter ranting and raving ... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭flutered

one of the difficultys that faces a person when they downgrade fron a 190e to a wheelbarrow with a rain cover with a jap badge on it, what this eejit thought was the rocker cover is in fact the hiding place for the plugs their leads et al. ah yes modern motors my first and hopefull my last.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭L.T.P.

Out of interest did you check www.micksgarage.ie for your parts? Just wondering if they were any cheaper than the motor factors..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Learnt something new, always called them car shops :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭flutered

well i got the oil in tesco 14.99,
    wipers in tesco 2.00,
    oil filter in motor factors 7.00,
    air filter +plugs in motor factors 20.00
    so 41 euro for parts, a mate done the work free,
    nice compared to the mail dealer.

Advertisement