Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

lights on 407

Options
  • 23-07-2010 6:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi all i drive 06 407 hdi saloon and i am having problems with the dim lights they are as if the dims aren't earthed and hence there is very very poor light coming from them, the full headlights are perfect and the spots are fine and i have tried running an earth direct but still no good any suggestions welcome ty.
    Ray

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Hi razor1967,
    Are you sure that the correct bulbs are fitted to the car..??
    They 407 use a 5w capsul type bulb... e.g. http://www.carbulbsdirect.com/product_detail.asp?prod=164
    I have never heard of this problem before...:confused:
    Ron.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,056 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ I presumed the OP was talking about low-beam, rather than sidelights?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 razor1967

Hi Row, Sorry I was talking about the low beam dipped headlights the ones you have sent me are the parking light bulb the one's I am on about have one wire connection and they are earthed when they touch the lamp itself. if you have any other suggestions please advise thanks:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

razor1967 wrote: »
    Hi Row, Sorry I was talking about the low beam dipped headlights the ones you have sent me are the parking light bulb the one's I am on about have one wire connection and they are earthed when they touch the lamp itself. if you have any other suggestions please advise thanks:(

Sorry razor1967....I misread your post...:o
    If you need electrical drawings of the lighting circuit pm me your email and i'll send on what i can find.
    Ron.

Advertisement