Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Theory Test study

Options
  • 23-07-2010 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

ok failed last year by 1 mark :mad::mad:
    Whats the best way to study for the TT? I need to get it done before changes come in:eek:

I have both book and cd-rom

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

If you do practice tests on the CD until you are blue in the face of seeing the same questions over and over, you should pass easily.

My advice would be not to rely solely on the practice test based on all sections (the 40 questions). After taking a few practice tests, the CD will tell you which are your best and worst sections. You can take 20 questions from each area - this helps as you don't keep answering the same questions over and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mick gtt

I found the cd to be a lot more useful when I was studying for it last year - but thats jus me:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I studied both the book and cd rom when I prepared for my theory test. everyone is different some prefer the book others prefer the cd rom some use both depends on your learning style. CD-Rom is better to practice for the test as thats how its displayed for the theory test. The book is handy when you are preparing for difficult questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

anyone know the exact date the theory test is changing???:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

My friend told me that if in doubt choose the least stupid sounding... Actually works.. But do use the CD to practise, practise, practise..!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭muboop1

I just done the CD about 30 times, The questions tend to repeat themselves. When went into the test I got the exact same Q's the CD was asking me word for word... Easy.

Basically my advice is just complete the CD a load of times until you know the answer to every question that comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Without a doubt the CD. I did about 80 mock exams in a week:)

Advertisement