Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If applying for BTEA is there any point in applying for other grants?

Options
  • 23-07-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

To my distress it's recently been suggested to me that I will either be eligible for BTEA or the grant but not both, and now when I'm starting to look into applying is there any point in applying for the grant if I'm planning to rely on BTEA?

Are there any circumstances under which and applicant can receive both?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭sassypsych

No you cannot receive both BTEA and the Maintenance Grant unless you are already on your course and did so last year. New applicants cannot get both.

However, you can get your student registration fee paid the grants department if you are under the income limits and are eligible and there is one to pay for the course you are doing, so in that case then yes it is worth it as the student registration fee is €1500.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭BASHIR

Regarding this issue is it the same forms that you fill out, to have these registration fees paid. Or are there separate forms if you receive btea. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

BASHIR wrote: »
    Regarding this issue is it the same forms that you fill out, to have these registration fees paid. Or are there separate forms if you receive btea. Thanks

It is the same Grant form and you must also supply all the required documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,044 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

LA3G wrote: »
    To my distress it's recently been suggested to me that I will either be eligible for BTEA or the grant but not both, and now when I'm starting to look into applying is there any point in applying for the grant if I'm planning to rely on BTEA?

Are there any circumstances under which and applicant can receive both?
    Yes - you should apply for the grant because they will pay registration fees

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement