Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entitled to BTEA, anything else?

Options
  • 23-07-2010 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I've just found out I'm entitled to the BETA now I know i'm not able to get the maintenance grant if I take the BETA. Just wondering which would be better to take financially, the BETA or grant? Also i'll be living in Dublin for college this year and will be paying rent etc so I was wondering is there any other benefits I can get to help me? i.e rent allowance or free fees or anything because it's going to be tough trying to get by on just the BETA or grant when paying rent, bills travelling to college etc.

Cheers for any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Duff wrote: »
    Hey,

I've just found out I'm entitled to the BETA now I know i'm not able to get the maintenance grant if I take the BETA. Just wondering which would be better to take financially, the BETA or grant? Also i'll be living in Dublin for college this year and will be paying rent etc so I was wondering is there any other benefits I can get to help me? i.e rent allowance or free fees or anything because it's going to be tough trying to get by on just the BETA or grant when paying rent, bills travelling to college etc.

Cheers for any info.

When you say you've just found out you're entitled, do you mean your application has already been approved or just that you're eligible?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Have a read at citizensinformation.ie in relation to the maintenance grant and the BTEA and see which one is better for you.

You could also search this forum as this question has come up a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭runswithascript

snubbleste wrote: »
    Have a read at citizensinformation.ie in relation to the maintenance grant and the BTEA and see which one is better for you.

But BTEA is more cash money, correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

LA3G wrote: »
    When you say you've just found out you're entitled, do you mean your application has already been approved or just that you're eligible?

That I'm entitled, should have specified sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,044 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Duff wrote: »
    Hey,

Cheers for any info.

The BTEA is better, you are also eligible for rent allowance if you are on BTEA, also if you are looking to get the registration fee paid then you need to apply for the grant and the co co will pay the reg fees

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Maggiesims

When on the back to education allowance are you entitled to travel and meal allowances? Fas & VTOS give a travel & meal allowance.

Advertisement