Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

T-Cut or Wax?

Options
  • 23-07-2010 10:28am
    Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

I just bought a 02 Renault Laguna 1.9 Diesel, Overall the finish is good but there are lots of very small scratches on the bonnet as if a cat was running around on it :D

I know T-Cut is excellent for putting life back into a dull finish, but in this situation am I better off using a wax / polish or a T cut?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Polish cuts, wax is a layer of protection. So use polish. T-cut is a polish

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Go over it with Scratchout (yellow bottle or tub) instead of T CUT, its much easier to work with and does not leave residue.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

It'd be worth your while doing both.

Always advisable to put a layer or two of wax over a freshly polished surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭bruce wayne

where can you get scratchout ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 994 Mod ✭✭✭✭LookBehindYou

where can you get scratchout ?
    In any good Motorfactors. Portarlington motor factors stock it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Paddysnapper

If the car has a metallic finish..DO NOT use T-cut it's not a polish it's and abrasive, all you will do is damage if you remove the laquar finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

If the car has a metallic finish..DO NOT use T-cut it's not a polish it's and abrasive, all you will do is damage if you remove the laquar finish.

There's no chance of you removing any lacquer with T-Cut.

Abrasive compounds, way stronger than T-Cut, are used on lacquered metallic finishes all the time. It's perfectly OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

Seperate wrote: »
    There's no chance of you removing any lacquer with T-Cut.

Abrasive compounds, way stronger than T-Cut, are used on lacquered metallic finishes all the time. It's perfectly OK.

I agree. They even say on the T-Cut products that is is fine for metallics.

Advertisement