Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Ask Me

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭McFry

Impressive. I enjoyed that. An exceptional short film. Nice script and good dialogue. I particularly liked your upbeat attitude, (a great portrayal of Jesus considering that you reminded me of my parish priest immediately, take that as a compliment, he's a nice man and ye share an accent down to a tee) and of course the Simpsons reference. Well done. Best of luck with future projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Thanks for taking the time to view it McFry. Much appreciated. And many thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately your parish priest must be plagued with a durrty "flah" midlands accent like myself :)

I have adapted the film into a stage play. All news regarding it will be posted on the Facebook group.

Many thanks to you again. Feel free to tell your friends about it :)

Peace & love.

Quite good- something annoyed me though, and it's only a small gripe; the kids multiple uttering of "cock-a-doodle-doo".

It also reminded me a lot of the Ragged Trousered Philosopher

Actually have the same gripe myself. Editor put it in there to have some background noise. I think he must have just had it on loop in the background.

Thanks for taking the time to view it boneyarsebogman, appreicate you taking the time to comment as well. Will have a read of that link later. Thanks for sharing.

Is it possible to re-edit and take out the multiple "cock-a-doodle-doo" - it just doesn't seem like a natural thing for boys of that age to say. Well, not so many times.

• Advertisement

The line wasn't scripted or anything. Sound guy just let the kids play and recorded what came out.

For any one interested. The film is now up on youTube. The annotations have been used like a trivia track for the film.

Enjoy :)

Advertisement