Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVCHD to Avid Media Compose from my Sony hdr-3

Options
  • 23-07-2010 7:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am doing some research on the best way to import AVCHD formats into Avid Media Compose. I got some recordings from my Sony hdr-3 and what i want to do is to import AVCHD video to Avid.I managed to convert a AVCHD file in TMPGEnc 4.0 Express to a QT file with an Avid 1*1 codec. However, the output video quality is in a lot of loss.
    So i am trying to find a more efficient way to import AVCHD to Avid for some editing.
    Any advice???
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 oudinmelanie09

You can not import AVCHD video files to Avid Media Compose directly because AVCHD is not one of its supported video formats.

And the video formats that Avid Media Compose support are QuickTime movie files, .DV, .TNF, .AVI, .MP2 + .WAV. So you have to use a AVCHD video converter to convert AVCHD videos to video formats that mentioned above.

The AVCHD converter which i am using is Aunsoft MTS Converter for Mac which is professional and powerful in converting MTS files to various playable and editable video formats, like MOV,WMV,MPEG,MKV,AVI,FLV,MP3,FLAC,OGG and ect.

With its adoption of advanced technology, you have no need to worry about the quality of output video.
    Best wishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 andrewaple

You can not import AVCHD video files to Avid Media Compose directly because AVCHD is not one of its supported video formats.

And the video formats that Avid Media Compose support are QuickTime movie files, .DV, .TNF, .AVI, .MP2 + .WAV. So you have to use a AVCHD video converter to convert AVCHD videos to video formats that mentioned above.

The AVCHD converter which i am using is Aunsoft MTS Converter for Mac which is professional and powerful in converting MTS files to various playable and editable video formats, like MOV,WMV,MPEG,MKV,AVI,FLV,MP3,FLAC,OGG and ect.

With its adoption of advanced technology, you have no need to worry about the quality of output video.
    Best wishes.
    maybe you can do it as oudinmelanie09 said.

Advertisement