Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clamping in Childers Rd Retail Park

Options
  • 22-07-2010 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

So, How long have they been clamping?

The clamping sign is tiny and this was the defence the guy who was illegaly parked was using after he was clamped.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

1 maybe 2 weeks?

It badly needed some management, with the amount of idiots pulling up outside Dunnes....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭flutered

last sunday i seen a disabled driver having trouble parking outside dunnes, as he went to reverse into the parking spot a guy slipped in before him, the disabled guy had some job to get the o.p.who had no blue badge to leave, i checked and there was only 1 other car with a badge parked there, i got talking to the blue badge guy, i asked him what would have done if the guy did not leave, he said that he would have reversed his car against the o.ps, locked it and left for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kiersm

How are they clamping in there? Presume it's only if you park directly outside the door of Dunnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

kiersm wrote: »
    How are they clamping in there? Presume it's only if you park directly outside the door of Dunnes?

No the MPV was clamped across from Next. I was only telling my missus the irony of the JJB Crowd who illegaly park so they wont need to walk too far to the gym. Oh the Irony.

The tiny yellow sign was around 15 feet up a pole.

A woman in a polo had parked illegaly next to me. On that big blob of white paint at the end of the row so I parked my passenger side right up against her drivers side. The missus was in the changing room of Dunnes so I could just about see out the window to the car park. It was funny to watch her have to climb across the centre console after the tantrum of not being to get in the drivers door. :D Heck, cheaper than a clamp.

BTW I was still parked perfectly legally.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

flutered wrote: »
    last sunday i seen a disabled driver having trouble parking outside dunnes, as he went to reverse into the parking spot a guy slipped in before him, the disabled guy had some job to get the o.p.who had no blue badge to leave, i checked and there was only 1 other car with a badge parked there, i got talking to the blue badge guy, i asked him what would have done if the guy did not leave, he said that he would have reversed his car against the o.ps, locked it and left for a long time.

If I ever lose my Legs I will apply for and receive the required Sticker and then I will be entitled to fairly park in these Spaces.

If this happened I would plan to carry copious amounts of Brake Fluid in my Car.

- I would use it to top up my Brake Fluid Reservoir in the event that said fluid was ever depleted.

Secondary to this I would apply it liberally to the Paintwork on any Car belonging to the type of ignorant Cnut that might have the utter and total disrespect to abuse a principle of common decency which has been put in place by Society with regard to abusing the Handicapped Parking Space provisions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

given that my recently deceased father was disabled i have seen first hand the absolute ignorance some people have twoards the disabled. In my opinion these people who ignore the disabled should be beaten into a wheelchair with a bat...

sorry touchy subject with me...

given that my recently deceased father was disabled i have seen first hand the absolute ignorance some people have twoards the disabled. In my opinion these people who ignore the disabled should be beaten into a wheelchair with a bat...

sorry touchy subject with me...

You will be glad to know that the supposed disabled people AKA old people who dont give a sh*t wont be able to get a badge as easy from now on. The Government launched something which means they will be tested against their abilities. Obviously a person in a wheelchair will pass with flying colours.

Old people seem to inhabit disabled spaces. My grandmother is wheelchair bound and I find it hard to get a space when she is with me because its full of pretend disabled people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Builderfromhell

This thread seems to have morphed into a parking for disabled people topic.

That being the case, what would or do you all do when you see someone park in a disabled space when thye are not dis-abled. Saw this last week on Thomas street but wondered were they collecting a disabled passesnger or something like that.

It's passenger cars in loading bays which drives me nuts as vans cannot make deliveries on catehrine street and Thomas street. Courier vans get tickets for parking on road while cars in loading bays are left alone. This is not how the pedestrianisation system was supposed to work. Cars in car parks and walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,178 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'm glad they are enforcing illegal parking in this place, I'm tired of trying to negotiate around lazy ignorant people who double park outside the door of Dunnes Stores for example where it is a bottle neck at the best of times or at undesignated car park spots where they are blocking the line of sight of other road users.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Theres no shortage of parking spaces there, its funny watching people try cram themselves into a space 20 feet from the door when I just drive into an area with a dozen empty spaces and have walked over to dunnes by the time they park in their precious close space.

ever seen the amount of disabled spaces out in tesco coonagh? its kind of ridiculous as they're never used, a woman gave out to me one night at around 11pm for parking in the last disabled space in the row before the next one was a non disabled space, ever other disabled space to me left was empty, the space directly to my right, as in 6 inches away was a non disabled space, and she said that wasnt for me, I pointed out it would make more sense for a disabled customer to park in one of the half dozen of so empty spaces that were free, and unless there was going to be an influx of disabled shoppers at 11pm on a monday night to mind her own business :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

krudler wrote: »
    Theres no shortage of parking spaces there, its funny watching people try cram themselves into a space 20 feet from the door when I just drive into an area with a dozen empty spaces and have walked over to dunnes by the time they park in their precious close space.

ever seen the amount of disabled spaces out in tesco coonagh? its kind of ridiculous as they're never used, a woman gave out to me one night at around 11pm for parking in the last disabled space in the row before the next one was a non disabled space, ever other disabled space to me left was empty, the space directly to my right, as in 6 inches away was a non disabled space, and she said that wasnt for me, I pointed out it would make more sense for a disabled customer to park in one of the half dozen of so empty spaces that were free, and unless there was going to be an influx of disabled shoppers at 11pm on a monday night to mind her own business :D

In fairness you should`nt parked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

krudler wrote: »

In fairness you should`nt parked there.

I agree, you shouldnt park there no matter the reason. And kind of contradicting yourself in your post!

I saw a young mother park in a disabled parking space before and I had no problem with it because she had a little baby and pram ect. and it was raining.
    But these spaces should be kept clear. And people shouldnt be so damn lazy and thankful they have no disabiliity or whatever the case to be able to walk the few steps extra! Rant over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Wait, so someone who pops out a kid and a bit of rain means you can use a disabled space but an empty carpark doesnt? there was like 7 spaces closer to the door than the one I parked in, and the space not 4 inches away from me was a non-disabled one. like i said unless all of a sudden at 11pm at night a dozen or so cars with disabled drivers arrived, its no big deal. I obviously wouldnt park there during regular hours or when the car park is full, but it was deserted, plenty of spaces.

why park there if the next one was free? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

krud shouldnt park there, and neither should the mother with a pram.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Don't add challenges onto People lives that are already infinitely more challenging than your own out of ignorance, apathy, disrespect or laziness.

Walk - 'cause you can.

Use an Umbrella - if its raining.

Hold the Umbrella over the Baby too - if you are a herding an Infant.

But stay the FCUK out of Disabled Parking Spots, there's no reasoning that will magically justify your stance......

I agree disabled spots should always be kept free for the intended but there was no mother baby parking spaces there so I was having a compassionate moment

Also I might add:

Having a disabled badge in your car does not automatically imply you can park there. The badge MUST BE YOURS!

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Berty wrote: »

Having a disabled badge in your car does not automatically imply you can park there. The badge MUST BE YOURS!

Totally agree with you on that one you would see some people putting up there disabled badge and get out of the car any nothing wrong with them very annoying:mad:

Was up in childers road friday evening and they clamped one car down from heatons parked in a disbled spot no badge an another one across from next on the white box where there's double yellow lines!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,677 ✭✭✭flutered

Berty wrote: »
    Also I might add:

unfortunatley in the case i mentioned it was his, poor fcuker could hardly walk even with an stick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Totally agree with you on that one you would see some people putting up there disabled badge and get out of the car any nothing wrong with them very annoying:mad:

Was up in childers road friday evening and they clamped one car down from heatons parked in a disbled spot no badge an another one across from next on the white box where there's double yellow lines!!

DO NOT ASSUME BECAUSE THEY LOOK NORMAL THAT THEY ARE NOT DISABLED.

My mother has one of these in Australia, sometimes she gets stick because she can walk fine. However she is missing at least half the muscle in her calf and can only walk "fine" a very short distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daca88

that car park is a disgrace! Being there for work 5/6 days a week i have first hand experience on how bad it is.
    The taxi set down area beside dunnes is also abused by idiots with no clue far too often.
    I have resorted to parking my car in such a way that it takes up 2 spaces, i may be called out on this but the way i look at it is i didnt pay 16grand for my car only to have it scratched and dented by idiots trying to save time by parking incorrectly. There is plenty of parking out there its just utter laziness that takes over

But on the clamping issue....i did see a really old guy clamped outside dunnes in the disabled space, felt sorry for him because he looked old as fcuk but at the end of the day he didnt have a badge so its his own fault

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Baldie

daca88 wrote: »
    I have resorted to parking my car in such a way that it takes up 2 spaces, i may be called out on this but the way i look at it is i didnt pay 16grand for my car only to have it scratched and dented by idiots trying to save time by parking incorrectly. There is plenty of parking out there its just utter laziness that takes over

WHY???? You have one car that will fit perfectly into one space!! Why use two spaces!! That drives me absolutely mad!! I hope you get clamped for it!

It's about time they started clamping idiots over there anyway!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Baldie wrote: »
    WHY???? You have one car that will fit perfectly into one space!! Why use two spaces!! That drives me absolutely mad!! I hope you get clamped for it!

It's about time they started clamping idiots over there anyway!

Shhh! He's obviously better then us, and probably deserves two spaces. Sure all of us found our cars at the side of the road.

If you don't like people parking close to your car, park in a secluded area of the car park and walk for a minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

That place goes bananas when it gets late. I have no idea where they intend for everyone to drive. I feel like they have fenced us in and it takes a silly amount of time to get on the right road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Glad they've started doing this in that car park. The amount of times I've seen perfectly abled people parking in the disabled spots outside of Dunnes, or parking on the big white patches of paint at the end of the parking rows is ridiculous. It's just lazy, especially when there's hundreds of free parking spaces only metres from where these ignorant people park.

Next on the list should be Aldi at Roxboro. Every single time I go over there, there's people parked in the disabled spots outside the door (people who aren't disabled, that is).

Advertisement