Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leffe Blond - 4 for 4.99 in lidl

Options
  • 22-07-2010 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Just picked up 4 in kilkenny this evening. Now that i think of it, they were 4.50 with the 10 discount.

There were packs of hoegarden there also, can remember the price though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭Trampas

bennyob wrote: »
    Just picked up 4 in kilkenny this evening. Now that i think of it, they were 4.50 with the 10 discount.

same price

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

They are always this price in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Hogzy wrote: »

No tesco in kilkenny :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

you sure?

Anyway €5 for 4 is a good deal. Great beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

will walk in tomorrow to see.... I doubt they'll stock them in Roscommon.

I find that, despite it being gorgeous, Leffe gives you a headache moreso than other similar beers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Tesco have had them on special recently for the same €4.99 price, down from €6.49.
    May not have any left due to some people (:rolleyes:) buying up the entire stock.

Agree with the worse hangover, but that is probably down to the 6.6% abv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

No. They were at that price for a few weeks in May/June only, i should know as I was one of those that bought up alot of stock :D

gurramok wrote: »
    No. They were at that price for a few weeks in May/June only, i should know as I was one of those that bought up alot of stock :D

Iv just been to my local Tesco and they were €4.99.

Iv just been to my local Tesco and they were €4.99.

Just checked online, "valid from 13/7/2010 until 10/8/2010" so its new indeed, just over a week old :).
    There was a period before the 13th where they were the regular 6quid and then before that the special offer of 5quid!

Wish Tesco would make up their mind on the price! Just don't buy the regular non-pack bottles as they are dearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

bennyob wrote: »

beat me to it! yeh its excellent quality beer all right better than miller, corona and even Carlsberg, thats why they charge 8 euro for four bottles in Dunnes, while in Lidl its going for 4.99 , thats a bargain

• Advertisement

In some Tesco's you can get larger 750ml bottles for about 4euro. Its the 6.6% strength of the beer that may account for its higher price.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Dey were Sooted

MaceFace wrote: »
    Tesco have had them on special recently for the same €4.99 price, down from €6.49.
    May not have any left due to some people (:rolleyes:) buying up the entire stock.

Agree with the worse hangover, but that is probably down to the 6.6% abv.

I'm surprised that ye get a hangover - I've been a drinker of Duval(8.5%) and Leffe for a while now. The one thing I love about these beers is the absentee hangover . Unless I do the dog ;)

Spotted the Leffe last week in Galway for this price while I was buying the Duvel which is €1.99 per bottle - Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Offer appears to be on again, i just picked up 4 btls in Ashboune for 4.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

I'm surprised that ye get a hangover - I've been a drinker of Duval(8.5%) and Leffe for a while now. The one thing I love about these beers is the absentee hangover . Unless I do the dog ;)

Spotted the Leffe last week in Galway for this price while I was buying the Duvel which is €1.99 per bottle - Sweet!

if you like your strong belgian beers try chimay blue at 9.9% or westmalle at about the same, taste great and yet to get a hangover from them and i have taken the biscuit with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It is usually not that price in mine, very often when they are 4.99 they do not even advertise it as being an offer. This happens a lot in tesco, many of their best offers are not advertised as such, so people miss them. Then when the price goes back up you have people posting in the ripoff Ireland forum moaning about "overnight" price increases :rolleyes:

It is showing up as 6.99 for 3 leffe on tesco online for me -which is linked to my local store, might be different in store though.

In most offies its a lot more than 4.99.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

gurramok wrote: »
    In some Tesco's you can get larger 750ml bottles for about 4euro. Its the 6.6% strength of the beer that may account for its higher price.

Can't wait to bring back a load of them from France @ €2.09 a bottle....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Are we talking about the big bottles for 4.99 or the small ones? Must call into lidl on the way home if thats the case

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Think the 750ml bottles were €3 each... but it's worth it for the fun with the champagne cork!

rubadub wrote: »
    It is usually not that price in mine, very often when they are 4.99 they do not even advertise it as being an offer. This happens a lot in tesco, many of their best offers are not advertised as such, so people miss them. Then when the price goes back up you have people posting in the ripoff Ireland forum moaning about "overnight" price increases :rolleyes:

It is showing up as 6.99 for 3 leffe on tesco online for me -which is linked to my local store, might be different in store though.

In most offies its a lot more than 4.99.

In fairness this thread is 1yr old.

Was €4.09 in tesco, f***in cork got stuck though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭illdoit2morrow

Mc Love wrote: »
    Are we talking about the big bottles for 4.99 or the small ones? Must call into lidl on the way home if thats the case

They're the 330ml bottles.

Didnt see any in Lidl (two shops) - went to tesco and bought two 750ml bottles - they were as I said 4.09 each :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

In fairness this thread is 1yr old.
    Didn't even notice that!, but still I am living next to tesco for 6-7years now, and it has very rarely been 4.99 in mine, I only buy it when it is that cheap -just saying tescos stock and prices can vary from store to store. Duvel is sometimes at a very good price in my tesco, but rarely advertised as being on offer.

I didn't notice it in lidl deansgrange.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,325 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Jesus 4 Hoegaarden for a fiver is cheap (well its not, but certainly cheaper than usual).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

no leffe in lidl on finglas rd

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cyborg

no leffe in limerick childers rd either:(

Advertisement