Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vetting Finance

Options
  • 22-07-2010 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Can anyone clarify what exactly is checked re financial background?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭gazzabelfast

without sounding too pedantic everything is checked and double checked.

Put it this way a few years back i failed vetting and i had a few arrears on a loan and a default on a credit card, ive cleared both of those and passed vetting this time round. Its not bad to be in debt but its bad to be outside the agreements.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,662 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

wiseup wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify what exactly is checked re financial background?

No. That is not disclosed on this forum.

Sorry, but Vetting is just one of those things that has to remain confidential.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sharan

thats me knackered then, im linked to my wife through her business that had to close

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

sharan wrote: »
    thats me knackered then, im linked to my wife through her business that had to close

Not nescessarily Sharan - it all depends on the circumstances , the best advice I can give is disclose any CCJ's , etc and explain the circumstances under which they arose , use the process to explain your situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭sharan

thanks for the reply, i have already sent forms away, they didnt let me explain circumstances just list debt.

should i contact them and add an explaination?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,662 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

sharan wrote: »
    thanks for the reply, i have already sent forms away, they didnt let me explain circumstances just list debt.

should i contact them and add an explaination?

There isn't a process that enables you to do that. If there was, they'd be bombarded with people who want to verify this and that about their debts.

There are reasons the forms are like that. If they wanted to know the circumstances, they'd have a box allowing you to explain.

I know it's not what you want to hear, but if they don't allow you to explain on a form, they won't allow you to explain over the phone either.

Advertisement