Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starcraft 2 prices + international shipping

Options
  • 22-07-2010 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭

Anyone know any good places with international shipping to Europe?

Looking to pay below 50 euro

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Digital download from Blizzard, problem solved and there is a SC2 forum now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Amazon.co.uk or play.com

Its about £35 on amazon (about €43) and its € 49 on play. There are a load of other UK websites where there is just a £1 delivery surcharge for Ireland (zavvi and thehut are the only ones i can think of but there are plenty more)
    Nody wrote: »
    Digital download from Blizzard, problem solved and there is a SC2 forum now :D

Has the price for the digital download been announced yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

What is the price of the digital download? I checked there but no price given, that is very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

No price yet for download. I read here that it was selling for €45 in HMV. I'd be tempted to get the download, even it it mention paying more so I could instail on new machines with just a key.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

grizzly wrote: »
    No price yet for download. I read here that it was selling for €45 in HMV. I'd be tempted to get the download, even it it mention paying more so I could instail on new machines with just a key.
    Can be done any way by registering your key from the CD to your Battle.net account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

Digital Download Price €59.99 ...

Seriously Blizzard, you have got to be kidding, I'll go into the shop and pay €40 odd thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Hah. Thought it would be though.. could you imagine the uproar from retailers if Blizzard competed with them on price?

Guess i'll have to brave the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Shzm wrote: »
    Hah. Thought it would be though.. could you imagine the uproar from retailers if Blizzard competed with them on price?
    But to be E15 over HMV? I was expecting a digital price of E50-55. I would have no problem giving Blizzard my E50 over Game/HMV/Gamestop. Assuming the shops get their copies at E20-30?

Now is the wait till 1200 worth the E15 saving? I want a copy on my shelf,am quite the luddite in that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Scorchio MK7

I got the Collectors Edition over on Game.co.uk for 75 euro with postage.

They have 10 pounds off of each edition of Starcraft 2

Standard is £34.99 (41.7837 EUR)
    Collectors is £59.99 (71.6286 EUR)

Postage on each is 2 pounds ( 2.38833 EUR) to Ireland

So roughly about 45 for the standard and 75 for the collectors. Not sure about the Standard edition but 75 euro for the collectors edition is a very good deal if you ask me!

Seeing as it is close to 90 or 100 on other websites...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Was just up in Blanch. Gamestop had it for €50, Game had it for €45

Traded in a few ps3/360 games and paid €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

HMV was selling it (standard ed.) for E40 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭TheSegal

HMV are still selling it for 40 in Galway anyway, good few copies in there aswell

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, one of the lads here in the office picked up the standard edition in HMV for €40 on Grafton St.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

BluE-WinG wrote: »

Seriously Blizzard, you have got to be kidding, I'll go into the shop and pay €40 odd thanks.

I warned you all this was going to be the case! That's right I'm just here to gloat!!!

Seriously though if you think about it, it makes sense. The publisher can't really sell it direct cheaper than it sells to retailers otherwise retailers will be priced out of the market and the sales will be limited to those through the direct outlet and this could lead to substantially reduced sales in the longer run. How many games have people bought simply beacuse they saw them in the shop or while browsing through the likes of play or amazon?

This, from what I've seen anyway, is general market practice where publishers sell the game directly. I don't think I've ever seen them sell below RRP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I payed €79.99 for collecters edition. It was 99.99 from play and amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

BluE-WinG wrote: »

QFT

Just logged into Blizzard.net to check out digital download. I love Steam, love digital downloads, don't have to worry about DVDs or patching etc.

But €60? It is €40 in HMV. That is just taking the piss.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Mine just got delivered from Amazon.

got the collector's edition for £59.99 delivered but it's gone up a lot now.
    Same on play as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nirnias

I heard it wont be available anywhere for digital download other than Blizzard. Price is rediculous though 50-60 euro for it.. Most pc games are usually a max of 35 euro so it retailers and blizzard are really taking the piss with this one.. especially since there are expansions already planned for it.

Iv playedit and loved it so will be buying it. Once i can find it a bit cheaper than 50-60 euro!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

It's one of the only PC games lately where it's almost as cheap - if not cheaper - to buy it bricks and mortar. HMV have it for €39.95 (if you peel off the label, it's €44.95 underneath - obviously they decided to try and beat Game, etc.)

(Incidentally, Henry St had none yesterday, I got mine in Grafton St)

P.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Nirnias

I picked up a copy just not in Smyths, managed to get it for 44.99. Gamestop are selling it for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Deck. Just tried HMV grafton street there but sold out. Have a voucher for hmv so wanna use it.

Deck. Just tried HMV grafton street there but sold out. Have a voucher for hmv so wanna use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭L

quad_red wrote: »

Try HMV henry street.

Feck, it's gonna be closed. Don't suppose anyone has seen it in an Xtravision or Tesco around Dublin?

Advertisement