Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Premier Codecs/Formats

Options
  • 22-07-2010 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey,

When I want to export a new project, I have a very limited number of formats to choose from. It's the same when importing video files, very few formats are compatible, meaning I have to convert most things before importing.

My question is this: How can I make my Premier compatible with importing&exporting more file formats?

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

What formats are you having a problems with?

Also, download all the codecs to your pc, and may help in pp.

For example I have the camposs hq codec and I can now edit these files in pp3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭stopusingoil

My problem is not being able to edit a certain format. I understand what codecs are and have already downloaded them.

I want to know how to be able to EXPORT in different formats. There is a list of default formats to choose from when exporting and I want to know how to lengthen that list. I know it's possible because my college computer had a much longer list...

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭TommyGun

Unfortunately this is hard coded in the software.

There are plenty of free solutions to convert audio.

What formats are talking about exporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

the latest version of premiere pro (cs5) seems to handle a lot of formats. Only downside is it requires 64 bit os / hardware.

Advertisement