Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much is this car worth

Options
  • 22-07-2010 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭

03 Toyota Camry
    2.4 cc
    225k mileage

However a 2nd hand engine was put in it 2 years a ago with 100k less miles so it is really 125k

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Very little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

According to this guy, almost 8k

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Toyota/Camry/2.4-VVTI/201010197225142/advert?channel=CARS

In reality, far far less.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

if you whana be cool 8k
    if you whana sell it 3-4k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

how much would tax and insurance cost for a car like this for me

Im 32 and never drove before and only have a prov licence

how much would tax and insurance cost for a car like this for me

Im 32 and never drove before and only have a prov licence

tax would be a killer m8, around 1k, insurance will be high for first time. i would suggest looking for something else... lovely car, but at this moment it will cost you too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

if you whana be cool 8k
    if you whana sell it 3-4k
    The amount of buyers for it would be very limited, most people wouldn't take it even if they got it free. Almost €900/year to tax a 2.4l and less than 25mpg :eek:

Sam Kade wrote: »
    The amount of buyers for it would be very limited, most people wouldn't take it even if they got it free. Almost €900/year to tax a 2.4l and less than 25mpg :eek:

well, i dont know, i was looking in to these things mself. i would pay 3k for a really good example, 900eu tax is not scaring me, i am paying it allready :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,137 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The insurance will probably cost alot more than the car, then you have to tax and fuel it. The running costs alone don't make it an ideal first car imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭timetogetfit

My Father has it advertised for 2500 but said he would give it to me for 1500

That's not a bad price and you know the history of the car and it's owner. It all boils down to if you can afford the running costs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

bazz26 wrote: »
    That's not a bad price and you know the history of the car and it's owner. It all boils down to if you can afford the running costs.

Wouldnt she be a fine motor for 1500. I always loved them Camrys for some reason. I still admire them to this day. Pity they stopped making them.

SARASON wrote: »
    Wouldnt she be a fine motor for 1500. I always loved them Camrys for some reason. I still admire them to this day. Pity they stopped making them.

did they? i thought they just not bringing them up here in ireland, becouse of tax/insurance reasons... same as rx8 etc...

i would love it myself... comfortable, big, toyota...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

did they? i thought they just not bringing them up here in ireland, becouse of tax/insurance reasons... same as rx8 etc...

i would love it myself... comfortable, big, toyota...

And more importantly a unboring intresting toyota. They bought out a replacment model for the camry. I cant think what the name was but it never came here.

And more importantly a unboring intresting toyota. They bought out a replacment model for the camry. I cant think what the name was but it never came here.
    http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/camry/2010/review.html

isnt that a camry? i knew i heard something about biulding toyota factories in russia. they were really on about camry, as there are no road tax or big engine pennalties.

as you said, unboring interesting toyota. One of the biggest advantages for me - its damn big nice yoke! not anather aygo!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Is it an ex-taxi? Very high mileage, never mind the replacement engine.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

they still make them :D
    4-nascar.jpg

The Camry is still built and sold in large numbers on many continents outside of Europe.

There is little or no demand in Europe anymore for large front wheel drive cars from a non premium manufacturers. Cars like the Camry, Maxima, Scorpio and Omega died off years ago here as the likes of Mondeo, Insignia, etc all grew in size over the years.

It is really only the French who persist with large barges which sell in decent numbers in their domestic market.

bazz26 wrote: »

There is little or no demand in Europe anymore for large front wheel drive cars from a non premium manufacturers. Cars like the Camry, Maxima, Scorpio and Omega died off years ago here as the likes of Mondeo, Insignia, etc all grew in size over the years.

Little or no demad in Europe for large fwd or rwd cars from non premium manufacturers I think you meant to say if you are mentioning the Scorpio and Omega ;)

Advertisement