Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick Sale Advise

Options
  • 22-07-2010 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

I have an 02 Audi TT that is due for an NCT in 2 months.

1. Is my best option to get the car NCT certified now and try sell or is it fine to sell without NCT cert?

2. What is the success rate for quick sales on carzone in my circumstances?

I have given myself a cut off date of Sept 1st.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

NCT it and stick it in below the cheapest dealer to make up for the lack of warranty

• Registered Users Posts: 9,222 ✭✭✭keithclancy

malkmoose wrote: »
    I have an 02 Audi TT that is due for an NCT in 2 months.

1. Is my best option to get the car NCT certified now and try sell or is it fine to sell without NCT cert?

2. What is the success rate for quick sales on carzone in my circumstances?

I have given myself a cut off date of Sept 1st.

Try adverts.ie

Carzone is awash with rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Which model?how much do you want for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Put it up on CBG.ie as well. They do a free ad for 7 days. I sold my 2003 Saab 93 in a week back in March. Price it right and it will sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭autotrader

you'll need to NCT it to get decent money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not having a fresh NCT will put alot of folks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭malkmoose

The model is 2002 Audi TT 1.8L 2dr Quattro Roadster with hard top in black. About 75K miles. I am looking for about €9.5K.

I am going to go and get the NCT done judging by feedback thanks for replies

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Youre taking a massive risk on buying a car without an NCT; I know I certainly wouldnt. If youre confident it will pass then stick it thru the test. Otherwise youre likely to take a massive hit on the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭malkmoose

You're right the fact it is a private sale as well as not being NCT certified puts me at a massive disadvantage.
    I am confident enough it will pass the NCT so I will go ahead and do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

NCT it for definite. A two year ticket will make it a heck of a lot easier to sell. No/short NCT = possible muppet magnet.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement