Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-famly camping

Options
  • 22-07-2010 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

I'm trying to organize a camping holiday for a couple of days with some friends. The plan is to find somewhere in the southeast to camp thats not too family-orientated as we would like to drink into the night. So far all I've come across is a campsite in Cork with a forest next to it but other then that I'm unsure. I dont want to go to a campsite and annoy everyone there. I was hoping for some helpful ideas or places to try ,preferably in the south-east. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Mod Edit : Thread Moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

if you have a boat try spike island:p

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭SNAKEDOC

i was about to recommend cape clear. i camped there before a great place. we had our own boat rented and had a ball. we were one of only two tents there the weather was great and there is a pub on the island. unfortunatly the weather cought up with us it was july 2008 and we nearly didn't make it back to the main land.:( but overall a good weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 southeast camping

thanks 4 da ideas bt we've no boat :( i was thinkin the mountains mabye bt could be dodgey like with weather and other people goin up der who mightn't b 2 friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

seriously, there are far too many posts on here of people looking for drinking spots.
    camping etiquite is the same, drunk or sober. be quiet and respectful of your environment and others in it.
    leave it as clean if not cleaner than when you got there.
    if a person is looking for a place with the intention of behaving in a manor that will be offensive i think they should stay at home.
    :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 southeast camping

im only look 4 a spot 2 camp because all da campsites r for families! i know wat ur sayin and i agree bt i do NOT consider it unreasonable 2 b awake talking and drinkin after 11 r half 11 (cufew of afew campsites i looked at) so if u can suggest a campsite where i wouldnt b annoying people at that hour then plz share if not go away and an offensive manor??? most people r waaaay 2 scared 2 live alil

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Right thread locked, if you'll pardon the pun. I'm going to be locking all 'where can we camp and get pissed' threads as per the charter. I apologise to the regular users, I've been a bit lax about this over the last few weeks. Won't happen again.

South east camping - behave yourself on this forum if you want to maintain your access.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

And would it kill people to use proper words? All the "b 2 wud" stuff makes it impossible to hold a conversation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement