Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire - Synching with Gmail not working

Options
  • 22-07-2010 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭

I have found that synching with gmail has been patchy to say the least over the past day or two.
    When I go into setings and sync Gmail, I get a message "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly"
    My last sucessful sync, was 8am this morning.
    Can anyone explain? :(

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

are you using the gmail app or the mail app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

I'm using Gmail app and using Sync All widget to sync.
    Has worked reliably for months now bar one or two days.
    But last few days is playing up.
    Is it a Google issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭Keith186

I didn't get any emails for two days so I rebooted and it started working again.

I think it was related to low phone memory and rebooting cleared some cached space maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Tora Bora

I tried that this morning. It didn't work, but showed up a different problem. It wouldn't power down using the power down button. I long held the on off button to bring up the screen asking me to confirm if I wanted to power down. I pressed confirm, and phone went into power down mode but stayed there for over an hour without actually powering down. Had to remove battery to kill it:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

Tora Bora, I found that to power down I had to go to Settings, Wireless & Networks and uncheck Wi-Fi and Mobile Network. Once I do that the Desire will power down on pressing the Power button and selecting Power Off.

Re updating Gmail: I find that logging in via the browser seems to get me in sync faster than by using the app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I find that I don't have to press "sync" when using the gmail app - it is push by default. I get a chorus of notifications varying in time order between the inbox(1) in the web browser, the googletalk popup and the phone going tinkle, but all 3 do so within a minute or so of each other.

The Mail app on the other hand can be configured to sync manually (i.e. not push) or on a timer of every x minutes if you want that. I use this for my exchange mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

The Gmail app never worked well for me so I just added my Gmail account to the Mail app. No problems since.

Advertisement