Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

original htc sence rom

Options
  • 22-07-2010 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is against the threads policies but PM me if it is. Im looking for a website i can download an original version of the htc desire sense 2.1 rom. I recently rooted my phone and put a 2.2 rom on it but lost my backup of my original rom.

Also Just wondering if you update to a custom rom (lets say like i did to 2.2) and then lets say android come out with a new one a few months later (lets say 3.0) can i update from my custom rom directly or do i have to reload the original rom and then do the official update?

Im only wondering as my current one is a bit buggy and when the official 2.2 comes out for desire i want to update to that. If you guys have any advice at all, maybe im just thinking about it the wrong way just pop a reply please.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

I think these are the standard ROMs

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695667

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Ricochet69

Thanks mate, which one do i pick tho? im on vodafone

Generic European, I don't think Vodafone Ireland have branded them, or did they?

EDIT: TBH I'd only do this if it was going back under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Ricochet69

oh so the only difference is the branding, cool out. well if you have a custom rom installed can you recieve the offical ota upgrade to 2.2? sorry ive never got an update from android/htc before i only have the phone a few months

I'm not sure, but when the official update is released I'm sure a rooted version will follow very soon after.

• Advertisement
Advertisement