Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shamrock Bowl XXIV

Options
  • 22-07-2010 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

The Shamrock Bowl (Irish version of the big one) is going to be taking place on Saturday, August 7th at 2pm in Tallaght Stadium.

http://www.americanfootball.ie/shamrock-bowl-tickets-on-sale/

"Tickets for Shamrock Bowl XXIV, the Championship game of the Irish American Football League, are now available from Ticketmaster.ie. Please click on the logo above to go to the ticketmaster site. Shamrock Bowl XXIV will take place at Tallaght Stadium in South Dublin on Saturday 7th August, kick-off 2pm. General admission tickets cost €6. Family and childrens tickets are also available."

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180044E2C2134553?artistid=1050695&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=102

Should be a great day showcasing what american football in Ireland is really like... if you are even half interested the tickets are only a couple of euro and it will be a great game of football i'm sure.

Dublin Rebels host the Dublin Rhinos and the University of Limerick Vikings host the Carrickfergus Knights this Sunday to decide who gets to go all the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Is there anything else going on on the day apart from the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Anyone know who to contact about shooting the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

kensutz wrote: »
    Anyone know who to contact about shooting the game?

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Lothaar v2

Just bumping this thread to ensure everyone knows about it. Get your tickets!

And if you're into betting...
    http://www.paddypower.com/bet/american-football/iafa-shamrock-bowl-xxiv/UL-Vikings-vs-Dublin-Rebels-1960290.html

Going to be a cracking game. Folks I would encourage you to go if you are free on the 7th. The Rebels and Vikings are the 2 best teams in the country and every time they meet the quality of football is amazing. Going to be an amazing event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

do you think it'll be possible to just buy tickets on the day?

kev_s88 wrote: »
    do you think it'll be possible to just buy tickets on the day?

As it is an all ticket event i don't think so. Take from the Leagues Unofficial forum:
    People were wondering about ticket sales on the gate - there is a restriction by the venue that we can't sell tickets from a traditional box office as it's an all ticket event, so I'd encourage you to use the website or go to one of the TicketMaster outlets around the country.

http://www.iafs.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5575

Guy who posted that is one of the organisers.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

I believe they are trying to get some tickets on site

Is there beer on sale at the venue, or are you allowed bring a couple of cans in? Want to bring a few mates but if it's a beer free zone I don't think they'll be too pushed.

betting odds on paddypower.com

• Advertisement

Is there beer on sale at the venue, or are you allowed bring a couple of cans in? Want to bring a few mates but if it's a beer free zone I don't think they'll be too pushed.

I would imagine what ever rules Rovers have in the Stadium will apply but having never been to the Tallaght Stadium I couldn't tell you. Haven't heard myself either whether drinking is allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

I would imagine what ever rules Rovers have in the Stadium will apply but having never been to the Tallaght Stadium I couldn't tell you. Haven't heard myself either whether drinking is allowed.

I'd imagine you can buy beer inside but it will only be sold in those plastic pint glasses.

I'd imagine you can buy beer inside but it will only be sold in those plastic pint glasses.

Can anyone confirm this?

Can anyone confirm this?

I sent a couple of texts will let you know if I get a reply. I know people wont be allowed bring alcohol in with them as it is one of the many stadium rules. But will let you know if anyone comes back with an answer.

No Drink allowed into the event and none being served either.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭JonnyF

that's gonna suck a lot of the fun out of the day. trying to round up a gang to come along to this. they never took me seriously when i was playing a few years back so a big event like this in a proper venue might do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Cool ill head along to this prob bring about 4other mates!! Will they have the Ticketmaster van outside the venue??

Cool ill head along to this prob bring about 4other mates!! Will they have the Ticketmaster van outside the venue??

Taken from the leagues forum:
    Also I wanted to give an update on ticket sales. Tickets will be sold up to 4pm on Friday online. Also any tickets sold online from today until Friday will need to be collected at our box office at the stadium. Outside of this, tickets will be sold at TM booths, e.g. at The Square, until 11am Saturday morning. After this, we will have a limited number for sale at the stadium itself at our box office.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Cheers... Ah sure plenty of time to get a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

Might get along to this. Been trying to get the other half interested in the game so this might be an opportunity!

• Advertisement

No Drink allowed into the event and none being served either.

Looks like I'll have to sneak in a couple of bottles of Grandma's old home brew:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

I will be there and will be lending a hand to help the organisers. There will be a minibus load of us coming from all over the place to watch/help out.

Well the plan was togo,tickets have been bought & work have called usin for Saturday :(

Still don't know if I can get it off

For anyone interested in following it

http://www.action81.com/blog/

Dublin Rebels Claim their 5th Shamrock bowl title. They beat UL Vikings 15-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Dublin Rebels Claim their 5th Shamrock bowl title. They beat UL Vikings 15-0.

How was the attendance?

Stev_o wrote: »
    How was the attendance?

1500 according to the IAFL website:
    The Dublin Rebels defeated the Univ. of Limerick Vikings 15-0 on front of a record 1,500 crowd at Tallaght Stadium on Saturday 7th August.

http://www.americanfootball.ie/dublin-rebels-win-shamrock-bowl-xxiv/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

I was stewarding and there was a steady flow of people in the gate right up until 2pm. Good crowd,although I felt the game was a bit scrappy.

What was the venue like?

Really dislike the game on saturday(though I understand the reasons why), think the crowd would have been bigger sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

I was also stewarding and doing the tickets at the gates with two other lads. I would have said there were a few hundred at the event, but an announcement came out over the speakers near the end saying the official attendance was 1,500 and it was the biggest attendance they have ever had for the Shamrock Bowl, so I suppose that's really good, even for a Saturday. I think the venue holds something like 7,000 or 9,000 or something like that.

Didn't get to see much of the first half, I was stuck doing the tickets until the first half was almost over, but the bits of the game I did get to see it was a good enough match. Venue was quite nice and we got free pizza for stewarding as well so can't complain too much. And I got a free flourescent jacket and laminate name-tag for my efforts. :D

Advertisement