Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Renewal

Options
  • 22-07-2010 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭

Mine is up next month, do I get a letter or am I better off ringing and taking the next cancellation? Like say if I do it tomorrow will it still be up august next year?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Book it now, any date, any centre. Once you have a booking you can change to a cancellation at your local centre online. It's valid for two years from the due date regardless of when you do it, so sooner is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Live4Ever

jeffk wrote: »
    Mine is up next month, do I get a letter or am I better off ringing and taking the next cancellation? Like say if I do it tomorrow will it still be up august next year?

Thanks in advance

Better off ringing them and setting up an appointment. You could be years waiting for them to contact you. I got mine done last year, rang in May and yer one was like "Ok the next available appointment is on the 12th.... of November!" :eek:

Got stopped a few time but once you have the letter your OK, the Gardai know the craic about how slow they are. Although they did booked me in for the re-test for 2 weeks later which was good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Thanks ill give them a bell now.

I was lucky the last time I couldn't book on-line because I hadn't the car details yet and when I rang them they gave me a cancellation for a few days later.

Its up the 16Th of August and I got a booking for September 2Nd, so keep the ole letter in the car in cause the Guards stop me.

I must say the girls on the phones are terrible nice and helpful!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Mines up next week, still have to book it! :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Its up the 16Th of August and I got a booking for September 2Nd, so keep the ole letter in the car in cause the Guards stop me.

I must say the girls on the phones are terrible nice and helpful!
    If you keep checking the online system you'll get a cancellation for much sooner than that - there are generally a few available for the following day. It's much easier to do it early, just in case you end up waiting on a part or something.

Anan1 wrote: »
    If you keep checking the online system you'll get a cancellation for much sooner than that - there are generally a few available for the following day. It's much easier to do it early, just in case you end up waiting on a part or something.

Cheers, the girl on the phone was suggesting that, ill have a look now. Im not really pushed as its only about two weeks after its expired, if it went into months id be on the site each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Mine is up next month, do I get a letter or am I better off ringing and taking the next cancellation? Like say if I do it tomorrow will it still be up August next year?
    August next year??? The one-year NCT for cars over 10 years old does not come into effect until June 2011, afair.

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    August next year??? The one-year NCT for cars over 10 years old does not come into effect until June 2011, afair.

Sorry I got mixed up, basically I was stung with a nct when i bought the car last year as it fell between the 2 years. I assumed it was ncted every two years of ownership not if its sat in a toyota dealership.

Another one to add to the dont get done by the dealer list.

Advertisement