Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lady buying tyres for RAV4...the quandry

Options
  • 22-07-2010 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Ive been helped everytime I've come to Boards for motoring advice, so heres my quandry. I want to buy tyres for my Rav4. I've been offered new "Eduro" tyres for €100 each on the Longmile rd, he has also offered me nearly new bridgestones at €55 each. I live in Newbridge other new tyre prices (local prices) come in at around €100. I'm just looking for a reasonable price for a mid range quality tyre....all advice would be really appreciated as I may as well be looking up a ducks bum when it comes to motoring etc!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Well enduro's are a good
    Enough make, bridgestone are a up the higher Market, just seems strange that they're selling worn tyres, it's up
    To yourself
    Really. What's the tyre size
    Anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Tea 1000

flix1 wrote: »
    Ive been helped everytime I've come to Boards for motoring advice, so heres my quandry. I want to buy tyres for my Rav4. I've been offered new "Eduro" tyres for €100 each on the Longmile rd, he has also offered me nearly new bridgestones at €55 each. I live in Newbridge other new tyre prices (local prices) come in at around €100. I'm just looking for a reasonable price for a mid range quality tyre....all advice would be really appreciated as I may as well be looking up a ducks bum when it comes to motoring etc!!!
    What are the others quoting €100 for?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

What size tyres do you need?

Also how much wear is left on your current tyres? Are you on a budget or can you afford to spend 100 per tyre? Tyres are very very important & the average driver who doesn't care about their car will generally throw the cheapest tyres on their car :/

Now while saying that just because a tyre is a brand name and more expensive, it doesn't mean it is a better tyre.

If you're on a tight budget but want good tyres, I would suggest a trip North to get tyres. You can make a huge savings and still get great tyres. Decent brand and more importantly a decent quality make of tyre.

Oh and of course make sure they are E marked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

AFAIK on old model Rav4, the 2WD gets 215/70 R 16 and the 4wd gets 235/60 R 16

Enduros are made by Runway Tyres, Camskill will deliver 2 to your door for E155.46, add on 25 quid for fitting and you're at E180 if it's a 2WD.

Camskill don't do Enduros for the 4WD.

If it's a 2WD I'd get as good tyres as possible as they're very prone to torque steer and understeering in slippery conditions. I'd be happier with the Bridgestones in this case, even if they're used.

Advertisement