Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New event centre

Options
  • 22-07-2010 7:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭

Looks like the much rumoured event centre in the Maina is going ahead, hopefully will bring some more bands to Cork. Heard it on the radio this morning & the story is in 'de paper' as well. It will be built on the same place where the Marquee is at the moment.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Star Wars Convention Sounds like fun...It does sound like a great idea it is about time they done something like this..But the Council are saying they will have it done by September haha,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭beer enigma

If its opening in September in the same location as the Marquee, they'll have to be flippin fast builders as Mama Mia is playing there until early August !

Did they say September which year ? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Andip wrote: »
    If its opening in September in the same location as the Marquee, they'll have to be flippin fast builders as Mama Mia is playing there until early August !

Did they say September which year ? :rolleyes:

It's only a temporary structure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,645 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hehe what they plan to build or do u mean the marquee...

There must be some big mula in it for the council to try and have it ready by September...Betcha they are using it as a distraction and while building the new Arc place they will start building that stupid new proposed higher than the Elysian apartment block down in the marina because there is such need for another one...

I am telling myself not to be so negative it is great that they have finally clicked that Cork could do with a centre like this, its a great idea the showgrounds is another area that has just been left to die away except when the marquee is there and cork on ice, it is just the council two months massive event centre mmm mmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Its a tempory structure i think, i take it while they wait for funding for the whole docklands project. Its great to see something been done though, hopefully this means that when big bands come to ireland they can now add Cork to their list instead of just Dublin and Belfast. Its great news for Munster as a whole actually

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

collectie_events%5Cfestivalsfuiven%5Ccoll_festivals_13.jpg

looks pretty good. (taken from the veldeman website)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Typewriter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

They were promoting the Star Wars thing in town today. There were stormtroopers outside Merchants Quay. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭buckrodgers

dam my son would loved to have seen them! I wonder will they be there tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Not sure if they'll be there tomorrow but I would say they'll be in town regularly for a while as this will be the first event at the new centre so they'll be promoting it vigorously.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We got flyers into work about the Star Wars thing in September there.

Advertisement