Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU to hold atheist and freemason summit in Autumn.

Options
  • 22-07-2010 2:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

This is basically a mirror of a similar meeting the EU has with religious leaders. It will be interesting to see what weight willl be behind this meeting.

EUsurveillance.jpg

Brussels is to hold an EU summit with atheists and freemasons in the autumn, inviting them to a political dialogue parallel to the annual summit the bloc holds with Europe's religious leaders.

While the EU is a secular body, the three European presidents, of the commission, parliament and EU Council, alongside two commissioners, on Monday met with 24 bishops, chief rabbis, and muftis as well as leaders from the Hindu and Sikh communities. The annual dialogue, which has taken place since 2005, is for the first time this year made legally obligatory under Article 17 of the Lisbon Treaty.'

More: http://euobserver.com/9/30506

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

A conspiracy by the religious to keep people away from their secret meetings no doubt. Interesting that the humanist groups weren't allowed to attend the 'religious' summit. While they plotted their wars and jihads I guess.

I wonder if the English masons will attend since they are required to believe in God to join?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Haven't trusted those Atheists since the crusades and the spanish inquistion.
    Is that the real sybol they're using?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

If it's held every year then what's the conspiracy about this one? (sorry if that's detailed in the link, I can't open it from where I am.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

studiorat wrote: »
    A conspiracy by the religious to keep people away from their secret meetings no doubt.

Nah, doubt it’s that, imo.

Interesting that the humanist groups weren't allowed to attend the 'religious' summit. While they plotted their wars and jihads I guess.

Nah, doubt that too, imo.

I wonder if the English masons will attend since they are required to believe in God to join?

Who knows time will reveal all. Even without them, should they not attend, there will still be plenty of masons in the house the fraternity will be well represented regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

This is basically a mirror of a similar meeting the EU has with religious leaders. It will be interesting to see what weight willl be behind this meeting.

Agreed. It will be very interesting.

• Advertisement
Advertisement