Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting with a Self Employed Person

Options
  • 22-07-2010 12:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

I'm a mature student currently in private rented accommodation, and have a bill in my name so I'm being assessed on my own income for my grant,

However a mate of mine has offered me a room in his place extremely cheaper than my current gaf, he has one problem; he is self employed and doesn't know how renting out the room will affect some of the expenses he claims,

now we could do it on the quiet but then there would be no bills in my name for that address which would make my grant application extremely difficult,

anyone have any info on how my moving in and placing a bill in my name for that address would affect how he claims taxes and all that stuff he does for that address since he's self employed??

ANY INFO ON THIS WOULD BE A LIFE SAVER!!!

CHEERS!!

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from the Help Desk to Student Finances, although Student Accomodation might be worth a look also.

Advertisement