Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Box

Options
  • 22-07-2010 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Just watched The Box there about an hour ago. Has any one else seen it? If so what (beware of spoilers) the hell was going on at the end?? Who are the employers bar the "obvious" "those who make lightning" it didn't make any sense!! Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭filmfan

The Box is the worst movie I've seen in a LONG time, we actually got a laugh out of it because it was so bad but I can't think of a worse movie I've seen in recent times! It was
    Aliens or something I think
    but I think I stopped caring

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

I know it was bearable until the point in the library with the chambers but my god what a terrible film!! Yea i was thinking that but he got his "abilities" from the lightning, WTF??

I think we blocked it out I can't even remember it well enough now! I just know I wouldn't inflict that movie on anyone, it was soooo bad. Trying to think of anything I've seen that's worse! Diaz was shocking in it and so was the hubbie but can't remember his name!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Hurricane-Dean

God yea I had several warnings of how bad it was but I thought ah i'll give it a look see, regretting it now! Yea I can't think of his name but he's better off sticking with the X-Men films.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,134 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Positives: the box itself looked pretty cool. Arlington Stewart is an awesome name.

Negatives: everything else. Particularly: "Your home is a box. Your car is a box on wheels. You drive to work in it and you drive home in it. You sit at home staring at a box. It erodes your soul while the box that is your body inevitably withers then dies whereupon it is placed in the ultimate box to slowly decompose."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

"Your home is a box. Your car is a box on wheels. You drive to work in it and you drive home in it. You sit at home staring at a box. It erodes your soul while the box that is your body inevitably withers then dies whereupon it is placed in the ultimate box to slowly decompose."
    Hearing that quote again made me gag ever so slightly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The Box - a cancerous polyp on the anus of film-making.

What a confusing pile of poo it is, I was subjected to it in the cinema ffs :mad:

Haha this thread is making me laugh, makes me think it may have been worthwhile even watching the bloody thing to slag it off, although that quote did make me get sick in my mouth a little:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

filmfan wrote: »
    Haha this thread is making me laugh, makes me think it may have been worthwhile even watching the bloody thing to slag it off, although that quote did make me get sick in my mouth a little:(

Don't do it man :(

No I went there once, that was enough. It got a 45% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, that's FAR too generous in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,134 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm sort of glad I saw the Box in the cinema, it put everything else into perspective. It's a case study of how not to make a movie.

In Kelly's defence, the general odd atmosphere for the first half an hour or so is strangely effective. It's just when they actually go to start explaining things that the runny diarrhea starts to flow. And flow it does.
    Lightning Bringers
    . **** right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Really showed Kelly for the fluke he was with Donnie Darko, and even that was a good movie because it was edited so, the re-edited directors cut is awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

It starts off well enough but goes a bit haywire towards the end.Cameron Diaz cant act for ****!

Advertisement