Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health and Physical Activity

Options
  • 21-07-2010 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey all!

It's been a year since I posted about this course!

I've completed first year and was wonderin if anyone further along in the course could answer some questions.

What types of things do you do in second year? And Third year?

How is placement worked out. Do you pick where you're going to do it? Do you get paid?

Also: Anyone who wants to ask about the first year of the course feel free to ask me!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Sorry about the slow reply.

My cousin has done this course and I cant answer what you do in 2nd and 3rd year but she did get her preferred placement, however she was just lucky and didnt get to choose.

She didnt get paid for it.

And I do remember she had to spend a weekend camping up in the mountains as an assignment in 3rd year!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PollyLouM

Cuffesis, have a son got offered this course today, also place on 2 year course in Carlow. I want to know after completion of this course in D/K can you get into physiotherapy? Think that's his ultimate choice. Any comments/advice would be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭cuffesis

PollyLouM wrote: »
    Cuffesis, have a son got offered this course today, also place on 2 year course in Carlow. I want to know after completion of this course in D/K can you get into physiotherapy? Think that's his ultimate choice. Any comments/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi. To my knowledge after this course you can do a masters in physiotherapy

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fccallan

i would be extremely surprised if you could get into physiotherapy after this course, never mind a masters! you would want to be getting top results (i.e 1:1) to be considered. in order to do a masters you would need to have studied a degree extremely close to physiotherapy e.g. athletic therapy (sports physiotherapy) to delve into a masters in physio from a broad health background would be too difficult a task.
    however, getting into an undergrad would be better as you would grasp the basic understanding of the profession (anatomy, physiology etc) in great detail before implementing into learning clinical practice

Advertisement