Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

redfyre range problem

Options
  • 21-07-2010 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have a redfyre range that is four years old. It uses oil for the central heating and also is used for cooking. The system is now not working for the central heating as there is water leaking in it. The company are no help. They are telling me that I have no leg to stand on as the warranty is up (3 years). The plumber said in all his years working with these ranges he has never seen this happen to one less than 25 years old.
    Is there a manufacturing warrenty that will cover this?
    What can I do?

Comments

A appliance must be built for purpose of use, if it's leaking after 4 years then it's not built for purpose of use, get a report from a OFTEC service engineer, send a copy to the manufactures and give them a week to do the right thing and if they don't reply take them to court, boilers must be designed to last more then 4 years, Gary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 spikeyhightower

Thanks for that Gary.

Advertisement