Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus One now sold out on the Google Store as of today

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

People can still buy them , there just not available in google's online store.

See what you mean though , Maybe they are about to release a new android phone :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

hardCopy wrote: »

If this was bringing in any sort of sizeable profits surely they should have kept it going... Just thinking the spin-off's for Google ebook readers - it would have huge appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I'd be surprised if they dont bring something else out as what else will be the front runner for the newly released versions of Android? Surely they dont want to be in a position where they announce a new version then wait 6 months for some of the other manufacturers to get around to releasing it with their look and feel?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

According to the rumour mill there won't be different versions with their own look and feel. Certainly not for Gingerbread anyway, which is slated to become Android 3.0, a serious overhaul from 2.2. What I've read is that lower end models will be launched with 2.2 plus their respective adaptations. This will allow companies like HTC to still have a large mass market appeal with cheaper phones. Where as the higher end models will launch with stock Gingerbread which is supposed to eliminate the need for Sense and other such software add-ons. Apparently it's going to be given some sort of 3D styling similar to that of the Nexus One picture gallery.

All of this is just rumour though so I can't back it up in the slightest.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Where as the higher end models will launch with stock Gingerbread which is supposed to eliminate the need for Sense and other such software add-ons.
    It might eliminate the need but I'd be surprised if all the big companies dont put their own touches on it anyway otherwise whats to differenciate their product with anyone elses? I'm sure Google would prefer they all just use the stock Android but I dont think thats going to happen to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

JohnK wrote: »
    I'm sure Google would prefer they all just use the stock Android but I dont think thats going to happen to be honest.
    I agree, but dare I say it the analogy could be like Windows as opposed to linux?

Which has more market %, which model do which market segments prefer, which is best for devs and which is best for end users.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Not long after it was launched Google said there wouldn't be a nexus two.

They did say however that they were working with Motorola on the next Google branded phone instead of HTC which would be different to the nexus and thus named something else.

Its been awhile and I haven't heard anything since though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I don't think it will have that much impact, there will still be Android Developer Phones (ADPs) as there was before with the Dream and ION.

Personally I hope ADP4 is HTC but Motorola is still better than Samsung or Sony Ericsson.

Advertisement