Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good SC2 Casts

• 21-07-2010 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

So, Sc2 beta phase 2 is over, no more opportunity to play.

Anyone got any good casts for me to watch?

This one was very good, but lots of people have seen it, I'd say

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

This one's one of the latest ones on HDSC's channel, WhiteRa vs. Masq. Great game pretty much down to the wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The_Keeper

I'm watching the "King of the Beta" Tournament at the moment, hosted by Day9. He's casting replays live everyday at 7pm PST on UStream (I think), and then he uploads the casts to this website http://day9tv.blip.tv/

It has all the top players, TLO, WhiteRa, IdrA, etc... There's some pretty good action going on, and the added bonus that there'll be a couple of new matches to watch everyday when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Day9 is really considered the best caster at the moment, he's a one-man-show, entertaining from start to finish and he REALLY knows his stuff, possiblty the best analysis of the game, even for beginners - easy to understand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I don't like the way day9 stops the game in the middle of some of his videos on Youtube though, "I don't want to see you yappin into the webcam, back to the game!"
    Husky and HD are the ones I watch the most.
    TheLittleOne/LiquidTLO is usually entertaining to watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

BopNiblets wrote: »
    I don't like the way day9 stops the game in the middle of some of his videos on Youtube though, "I don't want to see you yappin into the webcam, back to the game!"
    Husky and HD are the ones I watch the most.
    TheLittleOne/LiquidTLO is usually entertaining to watch

Dude, the game is paused when he does that, I don't think his audience fancies watching a frozen image for 5 mins while he does some amazing godlike analysis..

And of course he never does it during live games

I am such a fanboy now

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Dacian

Jonny7 wrote: »
    Dude, the game is paused when he does that, ................................while he does some amazing godlike analysis..

I am such a fanboy now

Me too.
    The whole point of the 'look at me' segment is to focus you on what he is telling you rather than looking at the units. As he repeatedly says "don't focus on the exact build order, watch for the big picture....WHY did this player do this rather than HOW?"
    Watch a few of his back casts, especially the ones where he does 2-3 casts on a single player (White-ra, Artosis, BradToK spring to mind),the aim of these is to examine their style of play rather than blindly follow their BO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Tester Vs TLO game2 in that KotH tourney

http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/3917155/

awesome game and day9 commentating!

Advertisement