Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic book artist wanted for paid work

Options
  • 21-07-2010 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I want to hire an artist for a dark/humorous/ somewhat supernatural comic book. Artist must be capable of drawing dark mostly black and white style art involving people monsters and modern day city buildings.

I intend to finance between 6 and 12 issues myself for online display and then pursue publication.

If interested please e mail me at: thegodscrywar@hotmail.com with a link to your work.

A negotiable rate of pay protected by contract will be approximately 20 euro per page with completion bonuses per issue.

PS. Please do not waste my time if you are not serious about this project, I don't want to sound like that but I have had far too much difficulty with artists dropping out of projects in the past.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Hi Stanwell,

Since this is commercial work, you would be better off posting on adverts.ie. However I'll leave this thread open for the time being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stanwell

Ill post it there as well so mate, thanks for the pointer

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭madamab

Hi Guys

My son Jamie is 21. Ever since he was a small boy he drew constantly. He also had and still does a huge interest in superheroes etc. He collects all the marvel models and knows his stuff etc. The drawing continued but when he was ten he had a series of brain tumours over a 2 year period. Due to the tumours being on his pituitary gland and him needing radiotherapy his school work suffered so much that I insisted he be seen by a neuro psychologist who confirmed that yes the surgery and radiotherapy had affected certain parts of his brain. To everyone else he appears fine but I knew different. He completed junior cert but moved to Leaving Cert Applied which was task based and served him much better. He got top marks in his class and received a distinction. He did a course in college which combined film, photography, graphics etc but was unable to grasp quite a bit of it due to the neuropsychology department at the hospitanot submitting their 2nd report to the college to enable him get help. He has had a few part time jobs, Christmas contracts really in retail and has the personality for this but otherwise he sits at home and draws on the computer. We dont have any fancy packages but he draws cartoons and I think they are super. He is on disability and can only work 20 hours a week but he doesnt have a friend in the world and his drawing and us the family are his life. I just saw this thread and if he could be involved in something which he would love even voluntarily I know it would make him so happy. So if anyone out there has any suggestions, contacts or can help in anyway I would be eternally grateful as would Jamie.

Many Thanks AB

Advertisement