Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horse riding/treking in Kerry/Cork/Limerick regions

Options
  • 21-07-2010 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi, im looking to take my little sister horse riding this week or next week for a day. im wondering if anyone could recommend a place that would be good. from google i found some places in Killarney.

any help would be great!!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

There've been a few threads on this topic over the last while, which may help you.

This one focuses specifically on the south of Ireland. Hopefully it'll give you some ideas.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

How good a rider is she?how long do you want to ride for?what kind of money do you want to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Depending on how experienced the two of ye are, you could go to Clonshire for a cross country lesson. I've been there a few times now, it's great craic, you go out for an hour with a qualified instructor, on really well schooled horses and you get to pop a good few cross country fences. It's a great place, with nice fences, ranging from not so challenging to challenging and depending on group numbers you usually get to have a couple of gos at the fences.

If ye're not that experienced then head down to Killarney Riding Stables and go trekking down there. A girl I go horse riding with has gone down there a few times with her boyfriend who's not experienced, and they've had a great time, she is always recommending it to me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

+1 for Killarney. If she's a confident rider ,you could go to Longs in Ventry and have a gallop on Ventry beach. For a longer ride around Dingle Dingle horseriding do full days.
    http://www.longsriding.com/

http://www.dinglehorseriding.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ju_q

O'Sullivan's in Killarney are good. Hafta admit that having been to Longs in Dingle I didn't think their horses were geared to inexperienced riders. Ring of Kerry equestrian centre in Waterville is very good. Excellent instruction and well schooled horses for trekking or lessons. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Does anyone know of any place doing western riding in Cork/Kerry?

Advertisement